Viewing Issues with Using EmpireTech 4MP Cams - SOLVED!

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an issue that's been plaguing me for months. I have two of Andy's EmpireTech 4mp cameras that I have set up in my IVMS-4500 app for my iPhone and iPad. I have several Hikvision cameras that I use and have added the EmpireTech cameras as cameras in the client software. Long story short, the cameras are mostly viewable in the IVMS-4500 app, but many times they drop off or are extremely slow to go full screen when I click on one of them from the multi-camera view on my devices. I'm not looking switch software, etc. as I'm using a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 NVR that I'm happy with. Basically, the EmpireTech cameras usually appear quickly when using multi-view in the app, but when I tap the camera to bring it up to full screen, I very often get the spinning/waiting symbol for up to 30 seconds before the full screen view appears, and many times it just times out. I don't seem to have any issues when I access the cameras via a web browser

I have tried various configurations under the cameras' main-stream and sub-stream settings, but to no avail. I have to assume there's a simple solution that I'm overlooking and am hoping that someone here can help. I want to purchase one or two more of these cameras, but I hesitate if I'm going to have issues as described above. These are wonderful cameras and I'm very pleased with their functionality. I just need them to work when I need them to work.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
Mixing brands sometimes don't work out. I wouldn't blame the cameras, you are using them with HIK software.
Check your compression settings in the Dahua cams, make sure you are not using any "smart codec" in the cams.
Try H264h, vs h265 see if it helps.
No, the cameras are great. I'm sure there's some software setting somewhere that I'm missing. I'll check the codecs and see what I can find. Thank you!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, the cameras are great. I'm sure there's some software setting somewhere that I'm missing. I'll check the codecs and see what I can find. Thank you!
Let us know how it works out ..

remember Dahua and Hikvision use different native APIs .. and each has it's own custom extensions of some of the more advanced features ..

Thus ONVIF settings are important when using one or the other on the opposite OEM's NVR / VMS ..

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE!

It worked! Smart Codec was turned on and cameras were set to H265. I went to H264h and turned Smart Codec off and they now pop up within 1 to 2 seconds of switching to full screen. This has been bothering me for months and I kept meaning to post here, but procrastination...

looney2ns you have been a tremendous help- Thank you!