View remote PC webcam?

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know i can use a local webcam in my BI feed, but is it possible to grab a webcam from another computer in my house? I have a server in my office that i'd like to connect a webcam to and attach that to my BI console?

I assume that someone has asked this before, but for the life of my search ability i can't find anything on how to do this.

thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know i can use a local webcam in my BI feed, but is it possible to grab a webcam from another computer in my house? I have a server in my office that i'd like to connect a webcam to and attach that to my BI console?

I assume that someone has asked this before, but for the life of my search ability i can't find anything on how to do this.

thanks.
You can do it using something like yawcam...you are better off using an ip camera though.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok... thank. my challenge is that i have BI running on a virtual machine on Windows 10 using HyperV... so theoretically i could just attach a webcam to that install, but it seems that hyper-v doesn't allow me to passthrough a USB attachment from the host computer.