View camera on managed BI install though the web

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed another BI machine to go at our other house over the VPN. This is working fine, and I can select the site in the BI app.

Now I am on the UI3 interface-- is there a way to see that camera/those cameras pointing to the main server? When I run the app, it will default to my home server and I'd like to be able to look at it.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the URL for "WAN" in the BI app (to the "other house") the same URL you're putting in the browser to access UI3 ?

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the URL for "WAN" in the BI app (to the "other house") the same URL you're putting in the browser to access UI3 ?
Hmm.. Right now the "remote machine" is on the same subnet as the main server, but looking at the dock camera via the VPN. ie. it currently doesn't have a WAN address.

This weekend when I take the new BI machine to the remote location on the other subnet, I'll set up the port forward for BI and put that in the WAN address.

Thanks

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so the machine is in place at the remote location with the port forward and the VPN. I can add it to my main BI machine and it connects either way. I am using the WAN address as the primary URL. (I had to set them to run the same version of the software-- latest stable release). I am selecting stream 0.

I can see the machine from the UI on the web.

I don't see anyway to view the remote cameras either from the application or from the web site. I must be missing something.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you're wanting to view the remote BI server's built-in web server, the URL is:
Code:
http://BI-server-WAN-IP:BI-server-port/ui3.htm
A Chromium-based browser works best.

In case I misunderstood and you're asking about Remote management, I have not used it. I can only suggest for you to look in BI's built-in 'Help" files, under "Remote Access" => "Remote management".

Last edited:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you're wanting to view the remote BI server's built-in web server, the URL is:
Code:
http://BI-server-WAN-IP:BI-server-port/ui3.htm
A Chromium-based browser works best.

In case I misunderstood and you're asking about Remote management, I have not used it. I can only suggest for you to look in BI's built-in 'Help" files, under "Remote Access" => "Remote management".
I am hoping to view the cameras from both places on the app.