Video Wall

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am currently looking for a solution that will allow me to do up to 64 cameras (Just live view) spread across multiple 65 inch TVs. Any assistance would be great in trying to find something that will work and look decent.

We are willing to spend a little bit but don't want to spend a whole lot.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure there are lots of options for this.

What do you use right now for an NVR or VMS? It may have a PC client or web client capable of doing what you want already, without a specialized video wall product.

I know that Blue Iris software on Windows would be able to do it, but Blue Iris is designed to be an entire VMS (including recording, alerting, remote access, etc) so it may be overkill with more complexity than you are necessarily looking for.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
64 cameras on a 65" TV will be a little crowded.

The issue you will have are the resources needed to display 64 cameras at main stream full resolution (which is probably why you are looking to display all feeds). Obviously this becomes less if you use a 2MP camera vs a 4K camera.

If you have no intentions of recording and just using the live views, then you might try Blue Iris. With no resources going to recording, you might have luck. Assuming these are smart TVs, you can then log into the UI3 web interface and choose whichever group has the camera feeds you are looking for.

Reaction score
Currently using Shinobi however the built in viewer sucks esp with more than 6 cameras.

we prefer not run any windows vms or anything along those lines so linux only would be great.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well as much as you might not want to run Windows, at least your search would be over. I can say with confidence that Blue iris will do the job, and its license is cheap.

Blue Iris will happilty render all 64 live cameras at once, either on one or more locally connected displays or via as many instances as you want of the web interface (UI3), which means you can even use it on a headless machine or virtual machine.

You can install a Windows 10 or 11 pro edition, turn off Windows' automatic updates via the group policy editor, and then it should be able to run 24/7. After Blue Iris is activated you don't even need that machine to have internet access anymore as long as it can connect to the cameras, and your viewing devices can connect to Blue Iris's web server. You'd just access Blue Iris's local console via Remote Desktop whenever you need to configure something or change a group layout.

The learning curve and initial setup will be the hardest part. Blue Iris is loaded with settings and features, and a lot of the default settings you'll want to turn off, such as Blue Iris's own automatic updates. And the timestamp text overlay which goes on each new camera by default. And you'd want to turn off the motion detection so Blue Iris isn't trying to record or alert on motion. You'd want to configure each camera instance in Blue Iris to use a sub stream (with 64 cameras this will be very important). The main stream is optional and only needed if you want to be able to see that camera in full quality when you click on it. Direct-to-disc recording needs to be enabled for each camera even though you wouldn't be doing any recording.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am currently looking for a solution that will allow me to do up to 64 cameras (Just live view) spread across multiple 65 inch TVs. Any assistance would be great in trying to find something that will work and look decent.

We are willing to spend a little bit but don't want to spend a whole lot.
There's really not enough detail regarding your setup to be very helpful. What is the specific application for this and how is it set up now versus what you want it to be? When you say you have resources available, exactly what does that mean?

Reaction score
There's really not enough detail regarding your setup to be very helpful. What is the specific application for this and how is it set up now versus what you want it to be? When you say you have resources available, exactly what does that mean?
By plenty of resources. I mean networking, high spec servers etc.

It's to monitor a large building.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Certain video wall processor can handle IP streams direct from the cameras. Then display those streams in any size or format across your video wall.
One example: Galileo Display Processor

Or if using a BI type solution, then just need a video wall processor to display that single image mapped across all monitors.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
We built a rolling video wall with 4ea 65" 4K tv's for marketing and seminar use.
With a 4K video with no compression going to it, you could really see the pixals any time you were closer then 12-15'
When used for close up stuff we ran each TV with a seperate PC and could keep good video a lot easier.
The little Micro PC work well for that, then you could run each of the 4 with a browser and UI3 to a BlueIris server
and pick out what cameras you want on each screen.

And that big a video wall is a !@#%$@%^+%%^( to move around!! Rolling or not, it had it's spot in the tallest point
and didn't move much.

Reaction score
We built a rolling video wall with 4ea 65" 4K tv's for marketing and seminar use.
With a 4K video with no compression going to it, you could really see the pixals any time you were closer then 12-15'
When used for close up stuff we ran each TV with a seperate PC and could keep good video a lot easier.
The little Micro PC work well for that, then you could run each of the 4 with a browser and UI3 to a BlueIris server
and pick out what cameras you want on each screen.

And that big a video wall is a !@#%$@%^+%%^( to move around!! Rolling or not, it had it's spot in the tallest point
and didn't move much.
These are going to be mounted on a wall. We are going to be sitting a solid 5-10 feet away from it.

Really looking for a FOSS software but willing to pay a little bit of money and would prefer it to run on Linux.