Video quality issues - can't record at >15fps @ 720p

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED: Video quality issues - can't record at >15fps @ 720p

I have 2x 3MP hikvision cameras and can't seem to get them to record at 30fps @ 1080p in BI or even live view on he camera itself. Before I go through the hassle of isolating the network -

Has anyone been able to record @ 30fps @ 1080p on the hikvision 3MP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Following up on this I thinK I found the issue. I have been using this switch

http://www.amazon.com/Bv-Tech-POE-SW800G-Port-Gigabit-Channel/dp/B00F6DL2FS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1445275454&sr=8-3&keywords=bv+tech

When I was installing a camera this weekend I decided to do some A/B testing. prior to installing I plugged in the camera directly to a switch and the camera didn't exhibit any of the issues. I then ran the shielded ethernet cable through the attic to the suspect PoE switch and immediately started to see issues. So now I am convinced it's this BV-Tech PoE switch. I already have some Ubiquiti switches on the way so hopefully when they get there I can confirm.

I really hope it's not electrical interference or similar either in the attic or the walls as that would be hard to guard against. Especially since I am already using shield Cat6.

I can't say how happy I am but I am kind of frustrated it's been bugging me for 2 months now.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.