Video playback failed error 241009

pabben

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using hik-connect on my Android phone to connect to 4 cameras on my building. It has working perfectly until a week ago when the playback started to give that error. Live view is working normal. I restarted both DVR and fiber router with no luck. Being connected directly to the router the playback worked but using internet it's not. Please advice.

Attachments

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Issue from 200000+ usually is stream problem. Check your bandwidth, maybe smaller bit rate will help.

Reaction score
Issue from 200000+ usually is stream problem. Check your bandwidth, maybe smaller bit rate will help.
Can you explain more, I didn't understand.. Before it was working but now I can't see video it's written play failed error code 241009

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stream problem is related with your network bandwidth. Try lower bitrate on one camera and see is there any change.

I had same problem's on one location. You could see all camera over HIK-Connect and one or two times a day there would be same error.

I decreased bit rate on all camera ( 1024kbps ) and it's working.

timc995

n3wb
Reaction score
I started having this problem too.
I found that it would work fine over the cellular network, but when I browse from within my home I could not view cameras in my home.
My router runs a firmware called tomato. I enabled the rtsp helper and that solved my problem. A few weeks later it stopped working again.. I disabled the helper and that solved my problem too.
So what that tells me is that there's something on the router that is getting restarted when I change the setting. Anyway thought I'd leave this in case it helps somebody else... I'd recommend rebooting your router, if all else fails.

Last edited: