Video Motion detection, unknown brand

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first message here, I've bought a wired IP camera recently (a chinese rebranding) and trying to make most out of it. When I first setup the unit, I somehow succesfully managed to save a screenshot, to the connected laptop. At that time, camera were able to log alarm conditions too, (guess these were motion detections from video, since there is no sensor probe etc.).

And now, no matter what, I could not make it detect changes in video and create an alarm event which will eventually cause a snapshot recording. Since brand is not a known one, I decided to add a Picture of camera settings window, and some screenshots, may help some of you to identify this unit and the problem.

Best regards,

camera-login.jpgcamera-settings.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me - or is the alarm schedule not enabled?
And what settings are there in motion recording, which I'd imagine would also be part of the desired setup?
On the model - there would usually be some useful info on the device identification page.

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it just me - or is the alarm schedule not enabled?
And what settings are there in motion recording, which I'd imagine would also be part of the desired setup?
On the model - there would usually be some useful info on the device identification page.
Enabling or disabling made no difference. Since in the web interface local harddisks are selectable, I am expecting it to record something to selected drives, if it can detect video motion, of course. Is this a wrong assumption and a standalone DVR is must? I could not succeed to get a single frame to ftp or local HDDs of the computer I am currently connecting to web interface.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot - assuming you are using IE - add the camera IP address to the list of trusted sites, just in case the destination gets virtualised.
Browser and Windows security will by default not allow open access to the local machine from a random website.
And access to local hard discs would only be possible while the PC was connected to the camera.

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot - assuming you are using IE - add the camera IP address to the list of trusted sites, just in case the destination gets virtualised.
Browser and Windows security will by default not allow open access to the local machine from a random website.
And access to local hard discs would only be possible while the PC was connected to the camera.
Thank you very much, I am pretty sure It would take centuries for me to realize this simple barrier. Now it captures from web interface to local HDD, both snapshot and video record buttons work. Only thing remaining is video motion alarm.

Here are captures of current settings, not all but relevant ones I guess;

Camera Setup

Colour Setup

Network Setup

Sensor

Video Alarm

Alarm Out

Local Setup

Alarm log

Motion record

Any clues?

Reaction score
I think i pretty much have the same camera and am struggling with the same issue.
The details of my camera are:
* Onvif Device Manager identifies the device as model: IPC-F20M
* The label of my device says: JN-IP501AR

Could you:
* tab "Sensor setup" > Alarm Time Set > Dropdownbox days, select "Every" and check "Enable"
* tab "Sensor setup" > PreSet Channel > Select "Preset 1"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Alarm Schedule > Dropdownbox days, select "Every" and check "Enable"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Linkage Alarm Out > Select "Out 1"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Select " Enable auto snapshot" on "Video motion"

With these settings you should see messages in the "Alarm log" tab.
I also am able to see events with the "Onvif device manager" tool (which i downloaded from internet, but was also on the CD).

Although in my situation the camera triggers events internally, i don't know how to get emails sent of a notification on my iPhone device.

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i pretty much have the same camera and am struggling with the same issue.
The details of my camera are:
* Onvif Device Manager identifies the device as model: IPC-F20M
* The label of my device says: JN-IP501AR

Could you:
* tab "Sensor setup" > Alarm Time Set > Dropdownbox days, select "Every" and check "Enable"
* tab "Sensor setup" > PreSet Channel > Select "Preset 1"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Alarm Schedule > Dropdownbox days, select "Every" and check "Enable"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Linkage Alarm Out > Select "Out 1"
* tab "Video Alarm setup" > Select " Enable auto snapshot" on "Video motion"

With these settings you should see messages in the "Alarm log" tab.
I also am able to see events with the "Onvif device manager" tool (which i downloaded from internet, but was also on the CD).

Although in my situation the camera triggers events internally, i don't know how to get emails sent of a notification on my iPhone device.
I some how managed to let camera trigger motions, thanks for the information.
I never tried to email, but setup ftp, working well at the moment. From there, I guess email should function also. Can you provide some info?

Reaction score
Hi rogerwilco,
Does the FTP Setup work work standalone? With this i mean: without the windows CMS application running?
If so, i would really appreciate if you could check how you got this working...
I fiddled all day with the camera without succes. It's driving me mad!

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi rogerwilco,
Does the FTP Setup work work standalone? With this i mean: without the windows CMS application running?
If so, i would really appreciate if you could check how you got this working...
I fiddled all day with the camera without succes. It's driving me mad!
:)
It took me two full days to make it working. Currently, when motion alarm triggers, ftp client in the camera snapshots the frames (not video!) to western digital MyCloud network hard disk drive and I am able to see snapshots remotely from android or ios client in phone and I pad. Therefore I need to ask first that, if you have a ftp server running somewhere?

Reaction score
I do have a FTP server running somewhere in my lan. After your first post i did try to set up ftp uploading. Unfortunatly that also didn't work.
So what's the magic trick?

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have a FTP server running somewhere in my lan. After your first post i did try to set up ftp uploading. Unfortunatly that also didn't work.
So what's the magic trick?
Can you send a screenshot of your camera ftp settings Thats not working? Then I can further comment.

Reaction score
I tweaked my FTP server a little and do notice that the camera sent some commands to the FTP-server.
Unfortunatly it only created empty folders and timed out after a "PASV" command. I'm using FileZilla FTP Server.

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
Well after first failure with WD MyCloud ftp server, I installed old good serv-u ftp server and tested with it. Which proved ftp client of cam is working well, then I moved to hardware server.
In my cam, there is no possibility to change initial ftp directory and everything must be created in the root folder of the defined ftp user. I have experienced some problems related to this but overcome with some modifications on server side. Before of that, tried to handle issue with adding the path to host address line in cam, which was actually stopping unit to work properly. Thats why I asked for screenshot to see if you added something more then cam ftp Inputs required.
I highly advise you to try setup serv-u server temporarily in another machine then your current server is working, you may also want to test things with turning antivirus and firewalls off. Thats what can think of, for the moment.

Reaction score
After some googling i found out why FTP wasn't working and timing out after PASV. Apparently PASV reopens a new connection on a different port for uploading the picture. This second connection was being blocked by my firewall. After i temporarily disabled my firewall, i could the snapshot being saved. Thank you very much for your help. After gotting this working, the camera doesn't completely feels like a bust.
My objective is still getting "push notications" on my IPhone to work, preferably direct, otherwise via mail notifications. SmartHDP2P and P2PCamLive are two apps which view the stream fine.

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
Great to see issue solved. I am using RTSP Player in android. But will test your suggestions also. For email push, Outlook client makes it for hotmail, in android, though dont know for ios.

I am currently testing two cameras at the moment, the other one have same black/white interface like the one mentioned in another thread here;

https://im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/009067488301/media/20728262164/small/1453487387/enhance

Interestingly, with xmeye software in android, this cam can be found with local login page in software and listed with its serial number, then if I move out of LAN, It somehow still manages to find and stream succesfully, without entering any extra information. Unfortunately, with current camera we are discussing, xmeye fails to stream, only rtsp player worked up to now.