Video encoder

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have a Dahua DVR with analog cams and ip cams.

I will need to increase the number of ip cams and hdd's (while keeping the analog cams), so these are my options:

1. Dahua XVR7416L-4K-I2 - Cons: records 4K 1-15fps, max 16 ip cams and 128Mbps incoming bandwith
2. Dahua XVR7816S-4K-I2 - Cons: records 4K 1-15fps, max 16 ip cams and 128Mbps incoming bandwith
3. Dahua XVR5432L-4KL-I2 - Cons: records 4K 1-7fps
4. Dahua NVR - has a much greater bandwith than the XVR's but the biggest problem is the way i "translate" the 16 analog cams - is it possible to add a local rtsp adress (from my old Dahua DVR) as a channel in the new Dahua NVR? Or i need to buy an encoder (H264 or H265 maybe as to reduce the video files size) , although this will greatly increase the overall price of the migration?

I know Blue Iris is the norm here, however i haven't tried it (plan to) and the biggest fear is that the BI android app won't be as good as the Dahua one which does the job perfectly (including controlling my Dahua IP PTZ's - moving the camera manually and by presets). I've built a few pc's (can built if needed) and have an Intel G4560 system (it has Quick sync) that i plan on trying BI on.

Any and every advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
your existing analog NVR should be able to provide rtsp streams (act as encoder) for BI or another IP-based NVR to pull in streams from the analog cams. I think that's better than trying to do everything on one hybrid unit...

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your existing analog NVR should be able to provide rtsp streams (act as encoder) for BI or another IP-based NVR to pull in streams from the analog cams. I think that's better than trying to do everything on one hybrid unit...
My current DVR does provide RTSP streams, i am sure that BI can pull in the streams (will test that), however i'm not sure that a Dahua NVR can do that, i'll contact them and see what they say if no one here can say with certainty.

The hybrid all-in-one XVR units don't have enought processing power in my opinion when compared to an NVR, even less so than a BI system.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess this is the post i was looking for - Dahu Wiki - it states that it's possible to add an RTSP stream to be recorded on a NVR.