Video appears on gDMSS, but not on SmartPSS

Sayedur

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently got 4 Dahua IP cams installed on a remote site - 3 Bullet IPCs and 1 Eyeball cam. I can see video streams of all four cameras on gDMSS on my Android phone, but on Windows 10 PC SmartPSS shows only the Eyeball cam, the rest says "Failed to open video!" all the times. I am using identical setting on gMDSS and SmartPSS to add devices. Can any expert please advise what is going on here? What can I do to make these 3 cams appear on SmartPSS as well.

Attached screenshot from both SmartPSS and gMDSS.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you viewing substream or Main stream on SmartPSS? Your connection/PC may not be able to hande more than one Main Stream well. I see that occasionally when:

1- Im trying to run too many cameras on main stream.
2- Network congestion of problem at remote site
3- Network congestion or problem with my home LAN

Try closing that one camera and see if any of the others will appear.

SmartPSS-View-2.jpg

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You probably are already doing it but I’ll ask it... are you dragging each camera into its own box one at a time?

Sayedur

n3wb
Reaction score
ing that one camera and see i
Thank you very much for taking the time to give advise. As you pointed out, I tried with low bitrate sub-streams, but the same camera appears, others don't. You are correct, network condition at remote site is not great, but that leaves to question why they show up on Android but not on PC? I am totally lost :(

Sayedur

n3wb
Reaction score
You probably are already doing it but I’ll ask it... are you dragging each camera into its own box one at a time?
Thanks for the response. I am pretty confident I am dragging the cameras on different viewports, not on the same. I have also tried them one by one - no luck.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the cameras connected to a Dahua NVR?
Can you remote access the NVR?

wilcor83

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have 4 cameras + 1 NVR, in my Mac I can see them all, but on my windows 8 pc i can't. have your solved this problem ? please tell me. Thanks !!