Veterans Day 2023

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although Veterans Day is actually tomorrow on Saturday, Nov. 11th, most gov't. offices, post offices, schools, banks, etc. are taking off today, Fri. the 10th.
So, I extend my sincere gratitude to all you fellow veterans out there and also to the surviving families of those that have been called to their final duty station to serve in the hereafter...and may God Bless America.

VeteransDay-Gratitude.jpg

The above image courtesy of ....

Reaction score
Yesterday my Daughters high school put on their yearly Veterans Day tribute. I almost didn't go....because last year I was in tears. They have a part where students get up and talk about their hero's. This Senior talked all about how her Dad, a veteran, who was her hero...how she worshiped him and it was such an honor to be his daughter. Then at the end, she wished that she had just been older then 8 months old when he died. That's it...I was a wreck.

This year, not so bad....still HUGELY touching and so freak'n awesome. Students lined up to the parking lot (in tears typing this now) as you walk between them...constantly smiling and thanking us for our service. Then we are all handed individual letters / signs with unique pictures and messages on them from students. We are led a an area to consume 'brain pills' (donuts and such) then we sit down for a very, very humbling and sincere tribute. My daughter plays in the band and I am so damn proud of her. She always where's my Marine sweat shirts and stuff to school. The Principal and staff do it right. God Bless our Veterans, God Bless Texas. I hope you all have a wonderful Veterans Day!

THIS is why I served!

20231109_104333.jpg20231109_102700.jpg20231109_100421.jpg20231109_102541.jpg

Last edited: