Very strange problem with camera

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i have recently bought a DS-2TD2617-3/PA that I use for perimeter protection connected to an NVR.
Suddenly today the camera stopped sending alert via Hik Connect and I can't figure out how to solve the problem! The strange thing is that the camera receive the alarms (because the light start blinking) and I receive all other cameras notification except from this one!
I have also tried hard reset via web broswer but doesn't work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using gmail, they are moving towards no longer allow non-secure devices sending out emails. It is a rolling basis with the goal of having it finished by May 30th or so.

Also, the Hik servers could be down.

Try a reboot of the camera and your router and modem.

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are using gmail, they are moving towards no longer allow non-secure devices sending out emails. It is a rolling basis with the goal of having it finished by May 30th or so.

Also, the Hik servers could be down.

Try a reboot of the camera and your router and modem.
Seems that I can receive email if I active email notification through NVR.
I don't think that Hik servers are related because I receive ALL the other cameras notification

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe a reboot of everything will fix it. Happened to a similar issue with a member with a Dahua system.

Reboots clear a lot of issues.

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe a reboot of everything will fix it. Happened to a similar issue with a member with a Dahua system.

Reboots clear a lot of issues.
Thank you for your support.
I have tried now rebooting NVR and router but unfortunately it doesn't work. Also, the camera doesn't send email notification.

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems that the NVR can't see any alerts sent by this camera because on NVR Monitor I don't see any alert (even if live view works fine) and in event search I can find only other event. I think this is the reason why I don't get any notification.

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
No way. This is driving me crazy. I have hard resetted NVR (also firmware updated) and two thermal cameras and now I don't receive notification even on the second camera!
But, I can see on NVR Monitor that are visible:
1222.jpg

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perimeter protection is best to connect with alarm, this camera got alarm input and alarm output, you can easily add 1 relay between alarm central and alarm output from device that will do work accepting short when alarm is armed and ignoring short when alarm is disarmed. I noticed that outdoor detectors do more fake alarms than hikvision thermal cameras.

Ofc this include that you have alarm installed

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Perimeter protection is best to connect with alarm, this camera got alarm input and alarm output, you can easily add 1 relay between alarm central and alarm output from device that will do work accepting short when alarm is armed and ignoring short when alarm is disarmed. I noticed that outdoor detectors do more fake alarms than hikvision thermal cameras.

Ofc this include that you have alarm installed
The camera is connected with a siren but I wanted also Hik Connect notifications.
By the way, I have solved my issue. If anyone is experiencing the same specific problem I have solved setting a different IP Address for each camera (so I have disconnected the cameras from POE NVR and connected to a POE switch linked to router) and then I have changed SERVER PORT for both and now the system works perfectly.
I don't know if these POE NVR have some problems with double lens camera but anyway now works fine.
These thermal cameras are perfect (especially PA series), the only problem is the price.