very hard logging in/reaching Dahua cam page w/ new Omada setup..

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just replaced ASUS router setup with TP-Link Omada setup...got the router, controller, POE switches etc....NOW, having a heck of a time reaching the camera login page for any of the
Dahua cams connected to the POE Omada switch....is there some firewall settings or something I need to change in the router?...should I make all the dahua cams static ip's or not? I DID do that but still having this issue...
...I AM able to see the cameras in Blueiris both in UI3 and the app on ios...BUT, I do notice huge stutters....eg. if I connect to 49225XA PTZ through BI and move the cam around a couple times it just freezes for a few seconds and I cant do anything........I've got everything wired on gigabit...any ideas?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How about posting a basic sketch of the physical layout of the network ? Make sure you're not pushing all the camera traffic through the router.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you list what tp-link hardware you are using?
all TP-Link OMADA stuff
-ER7206 router
-SG2008P v1 8port POE switch
-SG2210MP v3 8port POE switch
-EAP660HD x2
-2 or 3 TP-LINK unmanaged gigabit switches

-also have a 16port unmanaged Netgear gigabit switch

-I'm working on a basic sketch of network....the funny thing is I can pull up the login screen for the cams on my iphone when on the LAN wirelessly...but nothing on a pc connected via ethernet..odd

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
all TP-Link OMADA stuff
-ER7206 router
-SG2008P v1 8port POE switch
-SG2210MP v3 8port POE switch
-EAP660HD x2
-2 or 3 TP-LINK unmanaged gigabit switches

-also have a 16port unmanaged Netgear gigabit switch

-I'm working on a basic sketch of network....the funny thing is I can pull up the login screen for the cams on my iphone when on the LAN wirelessly...but nothing on a pc connected via ethernet..odd

it sounds like they are in a different vlan which vlan everwhere else (switches, access points) should be the same as the router's vlan or disabled.