Version 4.5.8.5

Reaction score
Support for image preview with push notifications and support for the Doorbird camera, an excellent alternative to the closed-ecosystem “Ring” device

The post Version 4.5.8.5 appeared first on Blue Iris.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still not seeing picture previews in notifications... is there a non-default separate option you have to turn it on from?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the preview pictures yet either, but I’m glad that this update fixed the login error message that was happening randomly on both the Web and smartphone logins!

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Preview pictures working perfectly here.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's awesome. Can't wait for it to work on my setup!!!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since I installed v4.5.8.5, I noticed my CPU utilization has gone up by ~10%. Related, it feels like it takes longer to connect to Blue Iris from my iPads, just on local LAN, in anonymous mode. I am using ui2.html via Chrome on iPads.

Also, Blue Iris mobile app on same iPads seem more sluggish.

Anyone seeing the same thing?

What is Blue Iris doing now that is increasing CPU usage? I did not add any new cameras (currrently at 4 cams with 1 clone), or change any hardware-acceleration options. I'm still doing direct-2-disk.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My CPU is the same. Didn’t see an increase after the update.

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get the Image Preview to work with iOS push notifications.

I tried removing the devices from the Mobile Devices section and re-adding them, but still just the regular notification comes through. There's no obvious setting in Blue Iris I'm missing to get this working, is there?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still don't have images being sent with Push notifications either on 4.5.8.5. Wonder why it's working with some users and not others?

I've been receiving images for a good while now via text: Camera Properties > Alerts > Send an SMS message > Configure > Attach a current image

SMS image alerts have worked flawless but I'm looking forward to comparing it to how the Push feature works. Only downside I can see is I can go to my texts and easily see latest images without even opening blue iris - can't do that with Push notifications.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm actively working with the developer to help troubleshoot this. By chance, are either of you utilizing an https connection from your iPhone to your BI server?

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me, sometimes yes. It's not stunnel HTTPS, but rather a reverse proxy via nginx. The Blue Iris app works fine to connect through the reverse proxy and the push notifications also come through fine.

However, when I'm home I just connect via the local (LAN) IP of the Blue Iris server. No HTTPS for that.

In both situations (whether at home, or not), notifications don't have pictures attached. I am running the newest version of Blue Iris on iOS and the Windows machine.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actively working with the developer to help troubleshoot this. By chance, are either of you utilizing an https connection from your iPhone to your BI server?
Not using SSL here, and it doesn't work anywhere for me. I am using a different port other than 80.

Last edited:

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using SSL (via stunnel) and it doesn't work for me

XBBONE

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not using SSL or stunnel. But I am using a different port other than 80. And I don't see any push images

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not using SSL or stunnel either and it doesn't work for me. I also tried removing and readding the device under Mobile Devices.

I am using a different port than 80 as well.