Version 4.1.9

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its too bad something from Microsoft or intel could have been used, sure I'm guessing, but this decision on improvements based on NVIDIA, which is a great company, may cause many headaches or wasted time which I think is limited.
He is not stupid, there are specific reasons why he chose nvidia. Lets wait and see.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
None of us are stupid, but we can make stupid decisions.
I will go with the developer who knows his software and the options/code available to him from manufacturers, over someone who has not seen the final product questioning the logic. He knows what he is doing.

sparelee

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll be watching this with interest as I have 3 hikvision 3mp cams at 1080 25fps a cheap 1080 and 720 from china running on my amd 6 core home server and when there are multiple triggers the CPU is close to 100% which makes remote desktop a bit laggy so if I can just bang a GFX card in and improve performance I will be well pleased!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this with interest as I have 3 hikvision 3mp cams at 1080 25fps a cheap 1080 and 720 from china running on my amd 6 core home server and when there are multiple triggers the CPU is close to 100% which makes remote desktop a bit laggy so if I can just bang a GFX card in and improve performance I will be well pleased!
In the interim have you set the cameras to record direct to disk? This will lower cpu consumption drastically.

sparelee

n3wb
Reaction score
Please explain sorry for my confusion, I have created directory's on my ssd then secondary hard drive for blue iris to copy too is there another way?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please explain sorry for my confusion, I have created directory's on my ssd then secondary hard drive for blue iris to copy too is there another way?
This has nothing to do with the storage medium or location. In each camera, camera properties>record tab>format
Select direct to disk, this will prevent blue iris from reencoding the video. You will lose the time stamp and any overlays..these can be added later at export or you can simply use your cameras timestamp...the reencoding is VERY cpu intensive. When you do this, make sure to set the iframe interval in your cameras to match the cameras fps. Also make sure that your pretrigger frames (in blue iris) are at least 1-2 times your FPS