Vandal proof cameras with PIR in the camera - any suggestions?

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for a IP camera that has PIR technology in the camera...any ideas?

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, they are really proud of those cameras. In looking at the "saving's" when you go with their cameras, it seems they have kept the pricing for IP cameras from 4 years ago...the prices for the IP cameras are dropping like flat screen TV pricing.

I did like the idea of each camera having it's own local camera data storage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, they are really proud of those cameras. In looking at the "saving's" when you go with their cameras, it seems they have kept the pricing for IP cameras from 4 years ago...the prices for the IP cameras are dropping like flat screen TV pricing.

I did like the idea of each camera having it's own local camera data storage.
Their cameras are not that great but they have features that others dont such as outdoor PIR as well as built in speakers and mics..for example the hikvision 2532 is the only outdoor hikvision with a mic but it has no speaker and since its compact has weak ir...
Lost of camera from both dahua and hikvision have local sd card storage...

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We used a bunch of Mobotix domes and not once were we able to leverage the built-in PIR motion detection due to distance or width, so not sure there's value add. Not only do they still offer the same pricing as 5 years ago, but they still use older technology, so I see their value proposition ;)

Also check out AVTech, a mid-sized camera company in Taiwan that's not hugely popular in the U.S. but not because they are not good, actually quite good. They have the AVM503 and AVP521A which are indoor domes and have the PIR sensor, so you may want to check with them to see if they make one that is outdoor rated with PIR. I have a few of their cube cams, work great for years and rival today's cameras. They sort of started the push video idea and still works better than other brands that have tried it. Their prices are competitive with other Taiwan camera companies.

If not, wait until mid-April and I'll keep an eye out for you at the ISC West show.