[ Value of UPS ] Power outage - now lost BI link to recordings

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've already sent off a support ticket but asking here if anyone knows of a quick fix. Overnight we had a power outage. Power was back on in the morning, when I woke up but the computer was off. Turned on the computer, Blue Iris started as per normal, but the problem is I no longer have access to the BI recordings. The timeline bar is black for the past 12 - 13 days. The recordings are still there on the hard drive. Is there a way to resync the database?

My next purchase is a UPS.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can see that the power went out at 2.50 am and info from my Facebook residents page was that the power was only out for a few minutes. I turned on my computer at 7.15 am and so don't have any recordings in that period. A UPS would have saved my bacon. Just last week I was checking out prices for the low-end models but still a little shy to pull the trigger on a purchase.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can see that the power went out at 2.50 am and info from my Facebook residents page was that the power was only out for a few minutes. I turned on my computer at 7.15 am and so don't have any recordings in that period. A UPS would have saved my bacon. Just last week I was checking out prices for the low-end models but still a little shy to pull the trigger on a purchase.
Set the computer to start up on power restore. Most can be set to do that in the BIOS.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
one UPS for the BI PC. One UPS per POE switch. I use really old 500-600 APC ups that I can easily replace the batteries.

I also have another non switching UPS double conversion for other very import house equipment. This type of UPS is expensive.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Set the computer to start up on power restore. Most can be set to do that in the BIOS.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I think I tried this over a year ago but the only setting I could see was a time to restart, which I picked at midnight. I couldn't see a setting for an instant re-start or re-start after x minutes. I can't re-check at the moment as I'm not at home, will check tomorrow.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Might be worthwhile getting a UPS with network or USB connection.
I think BI can handle a UPS and safely shutdown when the battery is almost low. At least the UPS's own software can tell Windows to shutdown.
(Might even be a function to have notifications of UPS statistics from Blue Iris).