V5

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I paid subscription to BI5 some time ago and my V4.8.6.3 showed version 5 eligible after I put my valid key code in.

But when I click upgrade, it says I'm on latest version.
If I try and use key code, it says code already used. Which I did to make it v5 eligible.

Am I being dumb somehow here?

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I literally did this an hour ago. It went smoothly, only thing I had to do was import settings after the upgrade and reenter my license key (which is not the same as your maintenance key, as I learned when I tried to enter that). And turn on run as a service on the start-up tab under settings.

I even installed BI4. All went well, running great.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll have to scour the forums once again. I had BI4 set up to run on windows boot up automatically. First I suppose I need to disable that I guess?

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not disable BI4. I did turn off BI running as a service and then close it (and backed up settings). Other than that I just relied on the BI5 setup program

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suppose if it's new software, they could both run at once in theory. I will backup BI4 thank you for the tip. I take it BI5 uses 4's backup?

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI5 does use the same backup, plus when I ran setup it also created a backup. But better safe than sorry.