using ubiquiti cam with Blue Iris

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone actively using ubiquiti cameras G3 flex and G3 pros (might be G3's) with blue iris ?
what has been your experience with them with BI?

I have a real estate agent friend, dealing with a foreclosure/bank repo house that has some of those installed.
She asked if I wanted to come down and take them. The house needs construction near those areas so they will get destroyed, if not removed.

Ubiquiti stuff is generally a closed system but i recall reading they can be installed in a particular mode with BI. Sorry, don't recall the specific term.
When connected with BI, I'm assuming a lot of the features available with dahaus or hikvisions won't be there, but can it used in a limited manner. What would be available with BI?

I will go get them, they are free, then test them out if they even work. From the photos, there are at at least two g3 flex, and two either G3 (or G3 pro) just wanted to know of my expectations when I connect them to BI.

thanks !!

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They can be used but typically need to be paired to protect that will output the RTSP streams, rather pointless but would be worth taking to sell.

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They can be used but typically need to be paired to protect that will output the RTSP streams, rather pointless but would be worth taking to sell.
Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

The question is that if connected with BI, would they even work? If so, what can be expected out of them?
While I have not tested them if there are even functional, selling them would be something to consider to those who are already on that ecosystem.

I had just wondered if I can use them, myself, say, inside the house, would they function to be adequate. What would I expect from a g3 (or g3pro) and BI ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since they're free, get them, set them up with BI, see if you like; if no joy, sell them!
You have little to lose but a little time.... :cool:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get RTSP straight from the cameras, unless they took away this feature in a more recent firmware.

You might need to install ubiquiti's 1st-party VMS software for all camera configuration though. I have no idea if their cameras even have web interfaces of their own anymore. I haven't used a modern ubiquiti camera.