using Node-RED to set Hikvision Image Parameters Switch settings

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got inspired by @John Williamson 's use of Node-RED, so I put this together to manage "Image Parameters Switch" settings on my cameras. It uses a node that provides sunrise/sunset times based on latitude and longitude... works for cameras on the LAN or connected to NVR PoE ports. In the spreadsheet, you can select V1.0 or V2.0 for each camera depending on that model's version of the image parameters switch.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 003924.png Screenshot 2024-02-19 004350.png Screenshot 2024-02-19 004449.png Screenshot 2024-02-19 004127.png

Below are dropbox.com links to the spreadsheet and JSON file that can be imported into Node-RED if anyone wants to try it... load Node-RED... add the "node-red-contrib-spreadsheet-in" and "node-red-contrib-sunpos" pallets... import the JSON file... enter your username/password on the "Request to Camera" node... enter a line for each camera into the spreadsheet. All cameras must be using the same username/password.

NOW AVAILABLE AS A WINDOWS EXECUTABLE FILE ON THIS THREAD:

Windows utility to set Hikvision Image Parameters Switch Scenes based on local sunrise sunset times

Last edited: