Using ethernet splitter for two cameras

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

teaser7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The “Waterproof” casing got my interest.
Same here.
The amazon reviews aren't real glowing in that aspect. Although I'll wait until it's in my hands and I've seen my for myself, I plan at the very least to use dielectric grease on the RJ-45 connectors and stuff duct seal in the openings. That side of the house gets very little direct rain but it is damp and the dirt daubers are very industrious.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would be great if you can report back and let us know. The “Waterproof” casing got my interest.
OK, I received the Sodola POE Extender on Friday, 6/2 and got it installed Monday 6/5. So far so good but as we all know, time will tell after a few months of 'Bama summer heat, humidity, rain and likely some thunderstorms (hopefully not severe).

It's powering a Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS (from Andy) and an Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28MM (from Amazon). Both cams are rated <7.2 Watts. Below are a few self-explanatory photos. The entire top is solid to protect it from rain, only the bottom is slotted for 3 cables (1 POE input on the left, 2 POE outputs on the right). I put duct seal on each of the cables, molded on both side of the slots, to keep the dirt daubers and other insects out, then slid it into the top section. It clicks into place, there's a latch on both sides of the bottom so you grip the opposing 2 latches with thumb on one side and a finger on the other, give a slight pinch and it slides right out. I was running late for an appointment and didn't want to let it sit a day or two without being somewhat sealed up from the invaders....they were likely watching me as I installed the cams! I intend to neaten that up a bit this afternoon, it'll be easy to slide it out and do so. BTW, the unit is secured vertically using the holes at its top with UV-rated zip ties to the bottom of a J-pole that used to hold an AT&T fixed wireless radio/transceiver that was my Internet for a time until the 1Gig fiber replaced it Sept. of '22.

At this moment I am very pleased with it, especially for only $20 but again, the passing of time and the ocurrence of natural events will tell. I won't judge it too harshly if I get only a couple of years out of it, as the lightning out here can render the best gear useless in the blink of an eye.

SODOLA Waterproof PoE Extender 10/100Mbps,1 in 2 Out POE Repeater for IP Camera, PoE Amplifier, PoE Booster, Wall-Mount, IEEE 802.3at / 802.3af, Waterproof Casing Design Network PoE Signal Extender

POE_extender2_sm.jpg POE_extender3_sm.jpg
POE_extender4_sm.jpg POE_extender5_sm.jpg

POE_extender6_sm.jpg POE_extender7_sm.jpg

POE_extender8_sm.jpg POE_extender9_sm.jpg

Last edited:

teaser7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I received the Sodola POE Extender on Friday, 6/2 and got it installed Monday 6/5. So far so good but as we all know, time will tell after a few months of 'Bama summer heat, humidity, rain and likely some thunderstorms (hopefully not severe).

It's powering a Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS (from Andy) and an Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28MM (from Amazon). Both cams are rated <7.2 Watts. Below are a few self-explanatory photos. The entire top is solid to protect it from rain, only the bottom is slotted for 3 cables (1 POE input on the left, 2 POE outputs on the right). I put duct seal on each of the cables, molded on both side of the slots, to keep the dirt daubers and other insects out, then slid it into the top section. It clicks into place, there's a latch on both sides of the bottom so you grip the opposing 2 latches with thumb on one side and a finger on the other, give a slight pinch and it slides right out. I was running late for an appointment and didn't want to let it sit a day or two without being somewhat sealed up from the invaders....they were likely watching me as I installed the cams! I intend to neaten that up a bit this afternoon, it'll be easy to slide it out and do so. BTW, the unit is secured vertically using the holes at its top with UV-rated zip ties to the bottom of a J-pole that used to hold an AT&T fixed wireless radio/transceiver that was my Internet for a time until the 1Gig fiber replaced it Sept. of '22.

At this moment I am very pleased with it, especially for only $20 but again, the passing of time and the ocurrence of natural events will tell. I won't judge it too harshly if I get only a couple of years out of it, as the lightning out here can render the best gear useless in the blink of an eye.

SODOLA Waterproof PoE Extender 10/100Mbps,1 in 2 Out POE Repeater for IP Camera, PoE Amplifier, PoE Booster, Wall-Mount, IEEE 802.3at / 802.3af, Waterproof Casing Design Network PoE Signal Extender

View attachment 165036 View attachment 165037
View attachment 165038 View attachment 165039

View attachment 165040 View attachment 165041

View attachment 165042 View attachment 165043
Thanks for the detail review and pictures.