Using cameras for before/after shots - Yard makover

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have any possibility to add PV? I have 17kw on the roof but no batteries, yet

You can store diesel for a very long time, so you could probably easy store 2 weeks worth of it just in case. I keep a lot of gasoline on hand just in case I need the portable generator, or if there is a run on the gas stations and there is a shortage (Idiots here will panic buy at the drop of a hat)
Yes, I have the perfect location for PV being in the Caribbean and my roof has zero shade and is flat which makes working up there a breeze. I keep meaning to cost it out as I can import anything for a solar system duty-free. The issue is transportation of the battery system. Sea freight is ssslllloooowww and air freight is expensive and complicated when it comes to batteries.

The government legalized corporations formed by private citizens last year so there are a number of solar companies out there. Definitely need to reach out.

Ah, diesel and gasoline. There are lineups for days, literally, for either fuel right now. My father in law spent two days in a line (he was allowed to mark his place and leave to come back later but still) to fill up his car. Or maybe it was only 20 liters per vehicle. And no filling containers. It isn't always like this but once every year or so at least one of the fuels is in short supply so rationing starts.

Also, I don't have a great location on my property for a generator when one considers the exhaust and noise. I'm on the second floor of a property in a European-style flat. I do have an above-ground garage but that's right next to my downstairs neighbour's window so that's out.

Thanks for the kick in the ass. I'll get a couple quotes for solar. An electrician told me that I'd need about 8kW to run everything including the AC units so this may be doable!