Using Analog PZT Camera with IP NVR

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing an analog system with IP but have a Lorex PZT analog camera that I would like to salvage. I checked in 'analog to ip' converters and came across the Speco D1BD encoder that appears to fill the ticket as detailed below. D1 resolution is ok for my application. My PZT cable is RG59 with a 2 wire power pair. Since the D1BD has a regular 2.1 MM power connector, I found a converter that will convert the 2.1 mm power adapter to 2 wire. Other than that, it is a matter of seeing how it goes when connected to my Hik- Vision NVR. The B1BD was $131 from Jmac supply. I'm posting this in case someone might be interested in doing this same conversion. I will update results once I complete the installation.

Features:
  • Converts analog video into digital D1 resolution @ 30fps
  • Supports H.264 and MJPEG codecs
  • ONVIF Profile S
  • 2 year warranty

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I just cancelled my order for that converter and will looking into getting one of these. They look really sweet and of good quality.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just toss the Lorex in the trash and buy one of these: Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

your already spending almost half that for a silly adapter.. get something modern, thats already IP, 1080p and starlight capable..
Decided to follow your lead and invest in that Dahua. Really like the optical zoom and it has very good security benefits that I look forward to setting up. Watched the youtube you did and was impressed with the quality - especially liked that tracking feature. In retrospect would have been a rel waste of money to invest in an analog to IP solution. So thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex now rebrands and sells Dahua hardware; usually with there own software though unless they are the cheap consumer models.

IP Has driven the costs way down, with the encoders in the cameras the recorders just have to save video streams.. everything can scale so much easier than the analogue days and its advancing at a much faster rate than it used too.

trying to hang onto analogue systems at this point in the game is a loosing battle, it should have been replaced long ago.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lorex now rebrands and sells Dahua hardware; usually with there own software though unless they are the cheap consumer models.

IP Has driven the costs way down, with the encoders in the cameras the recorders just have to save video streams.. everything can scale so much easier than the analogue days and its advancing at a much faster rate than it used too.

trying to hang onto analogue systems at this point in the game is a loosing battle, it should have been replaced long ago.
I wasted coin on Lorex analog stuff by not doing my homework. First Zmodo then Lorex with the ECO 4 DVR and 7711 bullets (8 died due faulty IR cutout) ended up upgrading to the 7722 domes (better) and 7723 Bullets. Then the ECO 4 crapped out! That's what drove me to research and why I ended up with the IP system that I now have. Just got my system up and running - Now I just have to understand how to configure for optimal video quality and performance.