Using an older iPad as a monitor.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve got an old iPad on which I run dmss and have this in a frame next to the front door and we can see and record whoever walks up our path. However the IPad keeps switching off when it needs to be on! Ask this question and everyone will say you just have to go to the auto lock settings in display and brightness and change it to never but this is an older iPad which can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (now up to iOS 17) I believe and hasn’t got Auto lock. How else can you stop the screen from shutting down please; there must be another way, a script runnIng in the background maybe?
Can anyone help me on this ?
Many thanks and regards
Steve

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe it's got to be jailbroken and a similar setting enabled through cydia?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve got an old iPad on which I run dmss and have this in a frame next to the front door and we can see and record whoever walks up our path. However the IPad keeps switching off when it needs to be on! Ask this question and everyone will say you just have to go to the auto lock settings in display and brightness and change it to never but this is an older iPad which can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (now up to iOS 17) I believe and hasn’t got Auto lock. How else can you stop the screen from shutting down please; there must be another way, a script runnIng in the background maybe?
Can anyone help me on this ?
Many thanks and regards
Steve
I would look through the apple app store to see if there are any apps that can accomplish this.