Using 4K monitor with 4MP cams question...

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried searching and didn't get quite the answer I was looking for so I apologize if this is already covered somewhere..

I have a 16 channel Q-See NVR 8816 (Dahua). It supports up to 4K cams. I have 4MP Dahua cams connected and view on a 1080p tv.
Can I use a 4k tv and see the cams at their full 4MP resolution instead of limited 1080p on this tv...?

Cams are 2560 x 1440 and 4K tv's are 3840 x 2160.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. In the specs it only says, "This system comes with VGA and HDMI video output ports to allow you to connect to a
computer monitor or HD display for viewing purposes. Some models also include a BNC
video port to allow the use of an analog television as a video display."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if it has 4k output you will not see your full 4mp resolution or 4k (if you buy a 4k camera) unless you are viewing a single camera. The matrix will display the substream.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what the Dahua equivelent is... :(

Even if it has 4k output you will not see your full 4mp resolution or 4k (if you buy a 4k camera) unless you are viewing a single camera. The matrix will display the substream.
So on the 4k tv in single cam (screen) mode the full res of the 4mp cam will be displayed..?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand now. Live viewing in 4k. Thanks for your replies.