Use Ring Motion Notifications to move PTZ to zone with movement

MiteyAV

n3wb
Reaction score
We bought a commercial space that has a lot of ring flood light cams and flood lights all of which detect motion and send a notification. There are also some nice new PTZ cams around the perimeter. Is there anyway to have the PTZ turn toward the zone where the motion was detected from the ring device? IFTTT came to mind, but I’m not sure that could do this.

I am trying to find anyway for the system to work together to any degree possible. I am 100% positive you understand.

The ring flood lights w cams are very beneficial, and function with complete simplicity. The POE PTZ cams do not have movement detection, however they are very nice units. If it’s going to be impossible to have ring and the PTZ work together at all, does anyone know of motion sensing devices I can install in around the building, so when there area detects motion I can have the PTZ programmed with presets for the area the movement is detected? That would be nice, and then we could eliminate the ring system.

We are in New Orleans, in the city, and need to have the area blanketed with coverage. Crime is high unfortunately.

Thanks everyone, as I said before. You guys have taught me everything I know. Much obliged.

All the best,
Shaun

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope Ring uses proprietary firmware and isn't compatible with anything else.

That is possible with other cameras and systems.