Use Existing Door Access NFC Reader as trigger for VTO Villa Door Station

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!
I have an existing door strike/NFC reader on a door-- is it possible for me to add the VTO door station and monitor to this mix where they would both trigger the electric strike?
For example, ringing the VTO and pressing "Open" on the monitor will open the door, but also just swiping the NFC card will also open it.

Does the VTO have an NO/COM input where I can wire in another trigger for the circuit? Or am I approaching this the wrong way?

Thanks!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all!
I have an existing door strike/NFC reader on a door-- is it possible for me to add the VTO door station and monitor to this mix where they would both trigger the electric strike?
For example, ringing the VTO and pressing "Open" on the monitor will open the door, but also just swiping the NFC card will also open it.

Does the VTO have an NO/COM input where I can wire in another trigger for the circuit? Or am I approaching this the wrong way?

Thanks!
I have a VTO2211G-WP which supports RFID/NFC @ 13.56Mhz which is pretty much the standard for Dahua VTOs.

The VTO has a NO/NC/COM setup for an electric lock so you could use that to activate the lock by wiring it to the existing reader.

In the alternative, you could wire the existing reader to the VTO push input (used to connect a button inside the building that will fire the electric lock). This is essentially the NO/COM input you're looking for.

Here's the manual:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's my quick and dirty diagram to wire up the keypad/RFID reader to the VTO (in my diagram, it's labelled DEE1010B which is the device to operate the 2nd lock off the VTO, just sub in VTO for your setup).

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-16 at 11.31.59 AM.jpeg

Wire colours for the keypad:

Red: +12v
Black: COM/GND
Yellow: NO
Gray: COM (connects to Black)
Brown: Push button (+5v)

The VTO/DEE1010B NO/COM relay will operate as the button in this scenario.

I'm also using a separate relay to operate the lock to avoid any chance of damaging the other devices. When the gray and brown wires are connected (via button or in this scenario the VTO/DEE1010B), the keypad/RFID reader send low voltage signal to the relay which then closes the NO and allows the 12v for the electric lock to pass.

Your setup should be the same.

Last edited:

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's my quick and dirty diagram to wire up the keypad/RFID reader to the VTO (in my diagram, it's labelled DEE1010B which is the device to operate the 2nd lock off the VTO, just sub in VTO for your setup).
Wire colours for the keypad:

Red: +12v
Black: COM/GND
Yellow: NO
Gray: COM (connects to Black)
Brown: Push button (+5v)

The VTO/DEE1010B NO/COM relay will operate as the button in this scenario.

I'm also using a separate relay to operate the lock to avoid any chance of damaging the other devices. When the gray and brown wires are connected (via button or in this scenario the VTO/DEE1010B), the keypad/RFID reader send low voltage signal to the relay which then closes the NO and allows the 12v for the electric lock to pass.

Your setup should be the same.

Man, I really appreciate you making that, and all of the help. Just got my stations set up-- ended up doing a Ubiquiti Access UA-Hub as the controller for the door, and wired the VTO NO/COM into it's REN inputs to send the signal. It already handled the 12v to the strike, works great whether swiping or VTO monitor unlocking.

Thank you again for your help!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, I really appreciate you making that, and all of the help. Just got my stations set up-- ended up doing a Ubiquiti Access UA-Hub as the controller for the door, and wired the VTO NO/COM into it's REN inputs to send the signal. It already handled the 12v to the strike, works great whether swiping or VTO monitor unlocking.

Thank you again for your help!
Glad I was able to help and that you have it working the way you wanted.

I've taken a lot from this forum and I try to give back within my capabilities.

Cheers