usb 'no signal' but works fine w/ Win10 Camera app

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a little USB camera that seems to stream images just fine when I bring up Windows 10's 'Camera' app but Blue Iris just gives me the gray 'No Signal' Error 80004005 () 1006 image.

Have tried deleting and re-adding the camera a few times, tweaked settings within the 'video' section of the camera config, rebooted and re-re-rebooted to no avail.

Any other ideas? In general, what's BI doing that's so different from what the Camera app is doing?

(1-year-old PC that's otherwise ingesting video from 11 Dahua cameras with the CPU sitting at a happy 30% most of the time).

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sheesh. And then I walk away from it all and check my BI feed 45 minutes later and the camera's now showing properly. So... nevermind I guess. (though I still find it strange that Windows saw it immediately - piques my curiosity about what the difference is...)

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a little USB camera that seems to stream images just fine when I bring up Windows 10's 'Camera' app but Blue Iris just gives me the gray 'No Signal' Error 80004005 () 1006 image.

Have tried deleting and re-adding the camera a few times, tweaked settings within the 'video' section of the camera config, rebooted and re-re-rebooted to no avail.

Any other ideas? In general, what's BI doing that's so different from what the Camera app is doing?

(1-year-old PC that's otherwise ingesting video from 11 Dahua cameras with the CPU sitting at a happy 30% most of the time).
I am having same problem,, works fine with other apps, I am running BI 5.7.0.5 and it is decoding a dozen IP cameras just fine.
In fact I have two systems doing the identical thing with two different cameras??
I have deleted the camera and re-created it with all the defaults, no joy