US models lagging behind other markets?

Reaction score
It looks like Hikvision US models are lagging behind models in other markets. In the UK market, I can see a DS-2CD2T86G2-I (8 MP Acusense camera), but there's nothing like that in the US yet. Currently in the US the DS-2CD2T85G1-I appears to be the newest camera in that product line, but it doesn't have Acusense. Kinda of annoying that the US market is lagging...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like Hikvision US models are lagging behind models in other markets. In the UK market, I can see a DS-2CD2T86G2-I (8 MP Acusense camera), but there's nothing like that in the US yet. Currently in the US the DS-2CD2T85G1-I appears to be the newest camera in that product line, but it doesn't have Acusense. Kinda of annoying that the US market is lagging...
It should not annoy you. Simply buy the international model at a significant discount and enjoy.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, Hikvision USA models have long lagged behind International versions, historically explained by further QA or development for USA firmware. I would expect with the ban and sanctions, this would create more delays and further limit how many models are sold officially in the US.

As @fenderman says, you can buy International models at a discount, though if you want to call US technical support, you risk getting turned down.

Reaction score
Thanks. I can generally handle not having US technical support although they have been useful in confirming unexpected behavior. UK prices in USD seem to be on-par with US, but at least I can get access to the latest models.

Reaction score
Amazingly, I've already got my hands on a UK-spec DS-2CD2G86G2-2I. Amazingly quick shipping from the UK. Setting it up now. So far, so good.