US-made brand?

cbiggers

n3wb
Reaction score
For sure not gonna argue with the way it looks. I would not be surprised if it actually uses the same housing. They say they are NDAA compliant on their website and these. models were specifically made for this purpose. I'm not saying they aren't lying, but I'm pretty sure they would be screwed after all the marketing to DOD contractors etc saying NDAA compliant and then some how they aren't.

I'll do a bit more research myself and see what I can find out. I have about 200 cameras to replace and don't want to pick the wrong product.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Reaction score
For sure not gonna argue with the way it looks. I would not be surprised if it actually uses the same housing. They say they are NDAA compliant on their website and these. models were specifically made for this purpose. I'm not saying they aren't lying, but I'm pretty sure they would be screwed after all the marketing to DOD contractors etc saying NDAA compliant and then some how they aren't.

I'll do a bit more research myself and see what I can find out. I have about 200 cameras to replace and don't want to pick the wrong product.

Thanks for letting me know about this.
Have you done any more research into these Honeywell 30 series being rebranded Dahua's?

cbiggers

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not. But I have talked with a few distributors and Honeywell directly. I feel confident they are NDAA compliant as they say they are. I'm guessing they don't use Hisilicon chips and are not produced at Dahua. I have no way to prove it but Honeywell says they are NDAA compliant and thats going to be the only real proof we can get.

I was able to get paperwork from Bosch about their Dinion series cameras being NDAA compliant and since I had already started using them I have continued with them. If i had started originally with Honeywell I would be using them but I want to keep as many aspects of my environment the same as I can. I am using the Honeywells at home and very happy with them. Quality of picture and build is excellent.

If your needing a good priced NDAA compliant camera I would recommend the Honeywell,

Reaction score
Thanks for that update and info! They are certainly made by Dahua according to @looney2ns - the real question remains is if in fact they are doing what you suggest and using these hisilicon chips and producing them elsewhere, just under Dahua specs in order to make them NDAA compliant.

Down the Rabbit Hole we continue to go... lol

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has heard any more about this and whether they are using the hisilicon chips or not?

Reaction score
Well I think with the recent import ban on Dahua and Hikvision cameras, this thread needs to be revived lol

I doubt anyone can fill the vacuum in time. Maybe some new companies will form to build higher quality cameras.

I think it's time to lean into Honeywell I guess...

Isn't Honeywell one of the only approved security companies by Apple's Home Suite because they are the most secure?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I think with the recent import ban on Dahua and Hikvision cameras, this thread needs to be revived lol

I doubt anyone can fill the vacuum in time. Maybe some new companies will form to build higher quality cameras.
Unless you are a government agency, you can keep buying like before.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I think it's time to lean into Honeywell I guess...

Isn't Honeywell one of the only approved security companies by Apple's Home Suite because they are the most secure?
As noted there is no import ban. Second, you will have to secure your "american" cameras the exact same way as you would a hik or dahua. If you wish to pay triple, go for it.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe some new companies will form to build higher quality cameras.
You're right, Shenzhen Reo-link Co, ltd (Reolink) should be banned too.
They're a Chinese cctv company selling consumer kits.
Average person has no clue how to block it off their network and it has to use cloud services sending their data somewhere.

Mass surveillance of a population at it's finest.