US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
Meanwhile in Washington DC...

If you heard his mumbling earlier in the video, I have a video meme idea for you.
Get the "Mana-mana" video of the Muppets and paste Potatoe's head onto them going Mana-mana.
The tweeters going "doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo," are just the sleeping public's reactions.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
FBI told Hunter Biden investigator to Duck Committee questions, Bombshell letter shows

WASHINGTON — The FBI Warned a supervisory agent who investigated Hunter Biden that he was expected to “decline to respond” to House Oversight Committee questions about the “ongoing” case involving the first son, a bombshell letter obtained by The Post shows.

FBI general counsel Jason Jones sent the letter Sunday afternoon, just hours before the agent was set to testify — even though a source tells The Post that the FBI knew of a scheduled Monday deposition for several days.

“[T]he Department expects that you will decline to respond to questions seeking non-public information likely covered by one or more components of executive privilege or other significant confidentiality interests, in particular information about deliberations or ongoing investigative activity in law enforcement matters,” Jones wrote.

“You should instead refer such questions to the FBI’s Office of Congressional Affairs,” the FBI lawyer went on.

“This will afford the Department the full opportunity to consider particular questions and possible accommodations that may fulfill the Committee’s legitimate need for information while PROTECTING Executive Branch confidentiality interests.”

FBI told Hunter Biden agent to duck House committee questions (nypost.com)

Reaction score
Where was he quoted as saying covid was targeted? Did you listen to the video? Even the original hit article didn't quote him as saying covid was targeted, it just claimed he said something that he didn't say. The video is less than 2 minutes long. Give me the time marker where you think he claimed that covid was targeted, or where he personally believes that Chinese and Jews are immune. Hints: At 0:26 he says "There's an argument that...", then at 1:16 he closes presenting the argument by saying "We don't know..." and "There are papers out there that show...". All of the hit job statements attributed to him were during this interval where he was repeating what somebody else said. Video in this link:
RFK Jr. says COVID may have been ‘ethnically targeted’ to spare Jews (A false headline)

I'm not trying to debate nuttiness. I'm appalled by how false information is being spread.
Yes, I listened to the Audio. And I believe I heard him repeat it and 'in fact there is an argument stating that covid 19 is ....'. IMO, for him to state this, and dig his heals in on it and expand on it, tells me that he believes it to be true. But lets say I am wrong and I am being manipulated by the wording. Why would he bring the 'ethnically targeted' subject up? It sounded like to me that he started something that he immediately regretted bringing up, tried to to massage it, then just finished thru with it. And IF he is so sure that we are developing ethnically targeting bio weapons, wtf did he get this information and why is he discussing it at this table? IF this is true (and I don't doubt that it isn't) I find this morally reprehensible and it should be pursued with a vengeance. I taught NBC in the Corps, and it scared the shit out of me.

So to clarify: no, I did not hear him say that he specifically knows that these weapons have and are being developed (by the US in Ukraine and the Chinese), but I did hear him state the case they do exist by his very manner of how he preached it.

So, I will apologize for falling into RFK's lack of facts that he is spreading as well as others especially for the POTUS position that he is campaigning for. Do I believe he is anti-Semitic? I have no reason to believe that he is. I still think he is a nut-job though.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So much winning!

NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge on Wednesday upheld a $5 million jury verdict against Donald Trump, rejecting the former president’s claim that the award was excessive and that the jury vindicated him by failing to conclude in the civil case that he raped a columnist in a luxury department store dressing room in the 1990s.
Judge Lewis A. Kaplan said the jury’s May award of compensatory and punitive damages to writer E. Jean Carroll for sexual abuse and defamation was reasonable.
Trump’s lawyers had asked Kaplan to reduce the jury award to less than $1 million or order a new trial on damages. In their arguments, the lawyers said the jury's $2 million in compensatory damages granted for Carroll's sexual assault claim was excessive because the jury concluded that Trump had not raped Carroll at Bergdorf Goodman's Manhattan store in the spring of 1996.
Kaplan wrote that the jury's unanimous verdict was almost entirely in favor of Carroll, except that the jury concluded she had failed to prove that Trump raped her “within the narrow, technical meaning of a particular section of the New York Penal Law.”
The judge said the section requires vaginal penetration by a penis while forcible penetration without consent of the vagina or other bodily orifices by fingers or anything else is labeled “sexual abuse” rather than “rape.”
He said the definition of rape was “far narrower” than how rape is defined in common modern parlance, in some dictionaries, in some federal and state criminal statutes and elsewhere.
The judge said the verdict did not mean that Carroll “failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape.’ Indeed ... the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that."

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
So much winning!

NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge on Wednesday upheld a $5 million jury verdict against Donald Trump, rejecting the former president’s claim that the award was excessive and that the jury vindicated him by failing to conclude in the civil case that he raped a columnist in a luxury department store dressing room in the 1990s.
Judge Lewis A. Kaplan said the jury’s May award of compensatory and punitive damages to writer E. Jean Carroll for sexual abuse and defamation was reasonable.
Trump’s lawyers had asked Kaplan to reduce the jury award to less than $1 million or order a new trial on damages. In their arguments, the lawyers said the jury's $2 million in compensatory damages granted for Carroll's sexual assault claim was excessive because the jury concluded that Trump had not raped Carroll at Bergdorf Goodman's Manhattan store in the spring of 1996.
Kaplan wrote that the jury's unanimous verdict was almost entirely in favor of Carroll, except that the jury concluded she had failed to prove that Trump raped her “within the narrow, technical meaning of a particular section of the New York Penal Law.”
The judge said the section requires vaginal penetration by a penis while forcible penetration without consent of the vagina or other bodily orifices by fingers or anything else is labeled “sexual abuse” rather than “rape.”
He said the definition of rape was “far narrower” than how rape is defined in common modern parlance, in some dictionaries, in some federal and state criminal statutes and elsewhere.
The judge said the verdict did not mean that Carroll “failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape.’ Indeed ... the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that."
Winning to you is a corrupt judicial system. :mad:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like RFK's covid conspiracy theory is beginning its transition to fact...

Did you get COVID but never feel sick? New study hints at why (story originated at LA Times)

"As the coronavirus emerged, so did a mystery: Why did some who got infected never develop symptoms?
One likely explanation is it may be a person's lucky genes."

I realize this article doesn't mention race or ethnicity. I think it's common knowledge that specific genes go along with race and ethnicity.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't really follow politics as I despise it. Politics by definition is people getting together to decide to either restrict individual liberty, or impose upon them (taxes). I just don't like forcing people to do things, and I don't like it when others do it to me.

All that said, I'm predicting a Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 ticket. If Trump is knocked out for whatever reason, Vivek takes it.

I finally registered Republican so I could vote for Ramaswamy. Nobody can defeat him in a debate.

This country is so fubared! View attachment 168107
If the federal government were reduced to the proper size, meaning it really only provided a national defense and protected the rights of individuals, we wouldn't have to care what was going on in some failed city. If you happened to live in that failed city, you could just go somewhere else that is thriving.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, go right ahead JOE and see what it gets you! The PIC (Putz In Charge) better not even begin to think about it.....

View attachment 168092
I've said it before and I'll say it again ('cause it makes so much sense, IMO).......why do taxpayers that never enslaved anyone pay money to people that were never enslaved?

The answer is, of course...because the Dems need to continue buying votes from POC....the very ones that ARE enslaved to the handouts!