US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Well a few more tidbits about yesterdays "boom" video and events around Billings

• There was a ground stop issued at Billings
  • There were definately Blackhawks, Chinooks and other military aircraft up and racing around in the area (flightradar24)
  • The Governor apparently confirmed the video and boom but no word on what it was
  • Civilian govt officials say they they did not repond to anything, but didnt outright deny the boom
  • At the time of all this the Chinese balloon was well out of the area and over Missouri
  • There was another balloon flying over Central America

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve seen reports so far that said balloon is anywhere from 46k ft to as much as 120k ft. Someone is wrong

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
If the CCP was smart, they have a self destruct mechanism on board should the balloon take a sudden and unplanned drop in altitude. Maybe very little to be learned. However, it's a great opportunity for us to test our balloon shoot down ability and for China to learn that too. Double edged sword.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
So we can't reach that balloon? Sure and I believe in the Tooth Fairy too!
I lifted this from Boeing's own web site about the F15.

"in early 1975, flying out of Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota, an F-15A known as Streak Eagle set many time-to-climb world records. Between Jan. 16 and Feb. 1, 1975, the Streak Eagle broke eight time-to-climb world records. It reached an altitude of 98,425 feet just 3 minutes, 27.8 seconds from brake release at takeoff and coasted to nearly 103,000 feet before descending. "

With 940 rounds of 20mm in various types of bullets even explosive rounds, we could at least punch a bunch of holes!

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fighter RTB ,tankers doing loops
Are they planning to shoot it down in sea, they should capture it by a net when it comes down. I mean SpaceX is able to catch the faring of Falcon 9 rocket with a ship equipped with giant nets.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
And for you Star Wars Fans - that was the Death Star, just an FYI