US Elections (& Politics) :)

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this one guy I met sometime earlier this year at a local box store and we had a casual conversation. He was boasting about how got into the country and touting how he had free health care insurance through Medicaid. I felt good for him because he had preexisting medical problems and definitely needed some medical help. HOWEVER, things became a slippery slope when he later mentioned his weekly pay at $5000 a week owning and operating a Lawn Mowing company. I couldn't sleep that night :mad: Clearly, he did not qualify for Medicaid

This is not discrimination - this is fraud
I will guarantee you as well that he's paid the taxes he's required to pay, in full. Well, maybe in some parallel universe.

Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
GOP Senate Campaign Arm Is Pulling Ads in Three Key Races

The National Republican Senatorial Committee is canceling $10 million worth of fall advertising reservations in Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — three states at the center of the GOP’s push to regain control of Congress. The New York Times, which reported the news on Monday, notes Republicans have been struggling to raise money as of late, as well as that the decision to pull ads for some of its top candidates could be tied to the party’s financial troubles.

The NRSC has cut the most money, $5 million, in Pennsylvania, where quack TV doctor Mehmet Oz is taking on Lt. Governor John Fetterman. Oz’s campaign has been fraught, to say the least, and current polling averages currently have him losing to the Democrat by more than 10 percentage points. Oz narrowly edged out David McCormick in the state’s Republican primary behind the strength of former President Donald Trump’s endorsement. Members of the Republican establishment, and even Trump’s circle, had lined up to back McCormick for fear that Oz couldn’t beat Fetterman.

The committee also cut more than $2 million in both Arizona, where Trump-backed Blake Masters is up against incumbent Sen. Mark Kelly, and Wisconsin, where incumbent Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is trying to fend off rising Democratic star Mandela Barnes, who won his primary last week. Polling averages have Masters trailing Kelly by more 10 points. There isn’t much polling for the matchup between Johnson and Barnes, but the race is expected to be a close one, making the NRSC’s move to cut bait — at least $2 million worth of it — all the more surprising.

GOP Senate Campaign Arm Is Pulling Ads in Three Key Races (yahoo.com)

My comment: This is exactly why I give money straight to the candidate. I do not trust the Republican party at all.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump claims FBI ‘stole’ his passports during Mar-a-Lago raid

Former President Donald Trump said Monday that FBI agents “stole” his passports last week when they raided his residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla — his latest explosive allegation against federal law enforcement.

“Wow! In the raid by the FBI of Mar-a-Lago, they stole my three Passports (one expired), along with everything else,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.

“This is an assault on a political opponent at a level never seen before in our Country. Third World!” the 45th president added.

FBI agents searched Trump’s residence within his ritzy Mar-a-Lago club Aug. 8 in connection to records that were removed from the White House when Trump left office in January 2021.

Documents unsealed Friday say the Justice Department is investigating whether Trump broke three laws pertaining to official records, including the Espionage Act of 1917 — a law used in recent years to justify harsh sanctions, including against whistleblowers.

Typically, the seizure of a person’s passports indicates that authorities believe them to be a flight risk — or that they could face criminal charges preventing them from traveling outside the US.

Donald Trump claims FBI 'stole' his passports during Mar-a-Lago raid (nypost.com)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LMAO you guys suffering terminal BDS are a sad lot.

When the truth about your fuhrer is so blatant that even you can't dismiss it the country will be a lot better off. afaik patriotism is more than hugging the flag. he (and the whole country) will be a lot better off when he is free to grab pussy again.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
LMAO you guys suffering terminal BDS are a sad lot.

When the truth about your fuhrer is so blatant that even you can't dismiss it the country will be a lot better off. afaik patriotism is more than hugging the flag. he (and the whole country) will be a lot better off when he is free to grab pussy again.
In case you have not seen this before:

Flashback: Schumer Warned Trump About the Intelligence Community

A 2017 flashback of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is circulating on social media again after the FBI’s raid of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home.

In the clip, the top Democrat spoke about Trump’s criticism of the U.S. intelligence community and warned about the agencies’ ability to enact vengeance.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow in response to the president-elect challenging allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this," Schumer added.

“What do you think the intelligence community will do if they were motivated to,” Maddow wondered.

“I don’t know, but from what I am told intelligence officials are “very upset with how [Trump] has treated them and talked about them,” Schumer replied.

“Do we think he has an agenda to try to dismantle parts of the intelligence community? I mean this form of taunting hostility," she said.

Flashback: Schumer Warned Trump About the Intelligence Community (townhall.com)