US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Arizona AG Says That “Cartels“ Control The Southern Border | Congressional Post

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich (R-AZ) blames President Joe Biden for the southern border crisis, making him yet another government official that’s itching to hold Biden and his Administration responsible.

The southern border crisis is Biden’s fault. Biden put Vice President Kamala Harris in charge of the border. So far, she has completely failed at making any difference in the swarm of illegal aliens crossing into the country. That makes Harris just as responsible as Biden for the failure.

Brnovich said, “Just when you think we’ve reached rock bottom, something else happens. This year has seen a record number of migrants enter the country. Just last week, our agency was engaged in the seizure of a record amount of fentanyl. Americans are perishing. Our cities are becoming more unsafe due to the failed policies of the Biden Administration.”

Arizona AG Says That “Cartels“ Control The Southern Border | Congressional Post

My comment: Numerous stories out on this with other people making the same comment.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya know, for a POTUS who supposedly opened the borders to anyone who wants to come in, his administration sure is arresting a lot of folks coming across...
You realize that "arresting" means slapping their hand, filling out a form, and letting them go - to theoretically some day show up for a hearing that 80-90% never do right? And Dementia Joe wants to kill Title 42

Over 2 million migrants were arrested while illegally crossing the southern border in 2021, and another 2 million are expected in 2022. About half of these migrants are turned back to Mexico under the authority of Title 42, which allows migrants to be turned away for public health reasons. But President Joe Biden let the other half in, often with little more than a piece of paper saying when they should show up in immigration court to pursue a claim for asylum.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I own a service business. I was born in the USA so I have a SSN (I'm in the system) and I paid ALL my taxes. So now come along the illegal who goes into said service industry doing the same thing as me, or one of the many others, but under the radar. People will hire them because they are much cheaper. They don't pay taxes. And as self-employed business owner, how exactly does that benefit the legal American business owner who pays all his taxes and abides by all the rules and gets undercut by these workers? Look around these days, what race do you see in the trades, and be honest. And yes, there are many business owners that hire illegals and pay them under the table. I'm not one of them.

Now their children are also going to schools that I pay for, I could go on and on, like they are driving on streets that I pay for, etc. etc.

What is so wrong with legal immigration?

As you can see the Left does not care about those that are here legally and pay taxes. Why are they not getting the Black American population into the trades, if they really wanted to do good for them? No they would rather tell them they are victims, why do you think that is?
There's the "they terk er jerbs!" excuse. Sounds like your problem is with the outrageous taxes the government forces you to pay, not the person who doesn't pay those same taxes.

So if they pay taxes, you're fine with them getting the same benefits you get? Your only problem is the tax issue? Spoiler alert, they'll still work cheaper than you because they're sending most of that money back to mexico to support family. Cost of living is cheaper there, so they're happy taking $10/hr for a job you charge $30/hr for.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There must not have much harm Trump policies done if he has to think about it to come up with a few things. It's not like he was asked to list the good things that Biden has done. Is there a Democrat version of Q, maybe that's who he has to seek his answers from? Maybe having to watch reruns of The View or Morning Joe.
Better to be pissed off than pissed on.
That's what a Mechanical Engineer I worked with used to say alot...40 years ago. What is really fun is taking the piss out of binary thinkers...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There's the "they terk er jerbs!" excuse. Sounds like your problem is with the outrageous taxes the government forces you to pay, not the person who doesn't pay those same taxes.

So if they pay taxes, you're fine with them getting the same benefits you get? Your only problem is the tax issue? Spoiler alert, they'll still work cheaper than you because they're sending most of that money back to mexico to support family. Cost of living is cheaper there, so they're happy taking $10/hr for a job you charge $30/hr for.
yes true. They will work cheaper and cost of living is MUCH cheaper there. So have you been their lately?
All we have to do is turn the US into a 3rd world shithole and we can all work cheap right?

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes true. They will work cheaper and cost of living is MUCH cheaper there. So have you been their lately?
All we have to do is turn the US into a 3rd world shithole and we can all work cheap right?
Again, what happened to your support for a free market? If some folks work cheap, we can buy cheap goods. That's a good thing. Everybody wins. Now if we can just stop trying to get government to intervene at every step along the way...

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You welcome anyone that wants to come here through the front door, but you want more and more regulations that make it more difficult and expensive for them to do that? The reason people come here illegally is because the government has made it so difficult and expensive to do it "the right way". Yet again, government screws up EVERYTHING it touches. Remove government control over it, everything sorts itself out. Y'all believe in the free market, right? Sure doesn't seem like it sometimes.
I never said anything about regulations. Nor did I ever say I want more regs. But it is the left what wants more laws/regulations. I believe in a free market, but you cannot have one with any government.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yay "state's rights", right? That seems to be the mantra coming from repubs recently...
And tax $ pay for that….

The article also says it covers illegal immigrants up to 138% of the poverty level, or $134,362 for a family of 4 in CA.

1- So do they have to pay taxes?
2- does this apply to legal residents?

As long as CA pays for it, yes it’s that state’s right to do stupid shit.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And tax $ pay for that….

The article also says it covers illegal immigrants up to 138% of the poverty level, or $134,362 for a family of 4 in CA.

1- So do they have to pay taxes?
2- does this apply to legal residents?

As long as CA pays for it, yes it’s that state’s right to do stupid shit.
According to the IRS .. some illegal immigrants do pay taxes .. the IRS provides tax payer numbers ..

funny how it works when you think about it ..

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what a Mechanical Engineer I worked with used to say alot...40 years ago. What is really fun is taking the piss out of binary thinkers...
That's what I figured, Crickets on response to the policy question.
Apparently that Mechanical Engineer was a free thinker and not a script reader/repeater.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Leftist always play the race card. By the way Hispanics are jumping over to the Republican Party in big numbers. They do not like Biden's border policies either. A Hispanic Republic Congresswoman just got elected to a district in Texas with a 97% Democrat registration edge.
Many of them applied legally and waited. And waited. And waited...and they finally got their citizenship the legal and correct way and now they see how current illegals are streaming in AND they (the legal immigrants) are joining the existing citizens in paying the freight for the influx...and they don't like it and are switching over to the Republican party in record numbers.

¡ Bienvenidos, hermanos y hermanas ! :wave:

Reaction score
"Turnabout is fair play", and who said I'm a "liberal"? If a "Liberal" is somebody who will not vote to turn the country into a ultra right-wing autocratic theocracy, then I am.
Nope, I never said YOU were a liberal. I won't even use the term "liberal" to apply to any individual. I've known quite a few old-school traditional liberals in my life, and generally, they were good-natured people. We could always agree to disagree, and occasionally have some decent discussions. What I'm objecting to, is people who will do things "just to piss somebody off". Those kind of people, who often hide behind the "liberal" umbrella, give them a bad name. Then there are the so-called "liberals" who always respond almost immediately with ad hominem attacks and direct insults. We see plenty of these lately coming out of Washington, DC.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The reason people come here illegally is because the government has made it so difficult and expensive to do it "the right way".
You seriously know this to be a fact, and it's that simple? Nothing to do with higher income and free stuff? I'm close to somebody who did it the right way, with no complaints whatsoever about the cost or difficulty.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most people do not have an issue with immigration, what the issue is everyone that comes here in illegally.

I have skin in this game. I take issue with letting people just walking over the boarder to come here. Why .. I have put my money where my mouth is. I have sponsored someone to be come an American citizen. Being a sponsor comes with strings... What are these strings you ask. Being a sponsor for someone to become a U.S citizen, is you are financially on the hook if for ANY reason your person takes ANY kind of public assistance hand outs for 10 years ! They get food stamps, you pay for these stamps. They get assisted living, you pay for their housing... etc.

So if anyone thinks it's O.K to have them cross the boarder to work in the U.S, then do us a favor and help sponsor them to help take the burden off the Federal Government and help lower the costs to the taxpayers. Sadly most won't have the balls or the money to make this commitment. Also the costs in legal fees to the person that wants to come to this country legally is around $10K to 15K out of their pockets.

I welcome anyone that wants to come to America though the front door. Those that come through the back door, we just take it in the rear.
I'm with you, brother.
I was married 31 years to a legal immigrant from Honduras. Her dad came over first, legally. After working and paying taxes for 4 years he sponsored his 2 sons and got them over, also with green cards, working and paying taxes. Then in another 2 years his wife then in 2 more years, his daughter at 16. She had a green card and had been working for an electronics co. in No. CA for 6 years and paying taxes when we married. She became a citizen in our 10th year of marriage. Then I sponsored her cousin (I had been here since birth, for 30 years). Got him over and he went to work....paying taxes. None of them..the dad, his wife, sons or daughter or my wife's cousin.....ever went on any kind of welfare, unemployment, etc.....no government assistance of any in in years I knew them. Zero...zip.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im sure "some" do...

But the other part of his argument is we dont need no stinkin taxes...
That's right, we don't need a federal income tax. You know the government is funded by a lot more than income taxes, right?

The catch is we have to cut federal spending an equal or greater amount than what is lost when the income tax is eliminated. I used to think republicans supported spending cuts and tax cuts, but after watching you folks cheer on trump as he spent almost 8 trillion in just 4 years, I'm convinced the "fiscal conservative" talking points of your party are just that - talking points, not actual policy goals.