US Elections (& Politics) :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Folks, I know it’s a little off topic, but requesting prayer for my parents. My dad is doing a little better, but my mother is declining. All she wants to do is sleep, and is not hydrating. I forced fluids and pedialyte last night and seemed to do better. She got up this morning, ate some oatmeal and dry toast. Forced half cup of water with some pedialyte down her again and she drank a small cup of ginger ale. Went to store to pickup more pedialyte and pedialyte popsicles as well as some zero sugar ginger ale. She’s diabetic, so having hard time balancing all of this sweet stuff. She doesn’t want to go to clinic for IV; I don’t care if she sleeps but she needs to hydrate. Being belligerent, and refusing everything. I feel as though I’ve aged 10 years in the last 2 days. I feel that I am going downhill myself, so I may have caught it. All this to say please please pray for her and our situation. I don’t believe I will be posting for a while. Just had to get this out here bc I’m lost at this point and broken.
@srvfan

Please check this...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. As I post this I’m in the parking lot of the ER. I’m hoping it’s just a matter of them cranking an IV and rehydrating her. She was out of her mind a bit so I’m assuming it was dehydration which amplified the diabetes. Sorry to continue posting on this thread, just wanted to give an update. 103 temp and she never runs fever. Please continue prayers my friends.

Hang in there buddy. Prayers sent your way. You’re a good man.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
And Larry Elder's recent movie Uncle Tom.
I finally had the opportunity to see Uncle Tom today and it was all I hoped it would be knowing the kind of man Larry Elder is. I needed something uplifting in these dark times and Larry Elder and these brave men and women that love this country did give me a needed lift.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally had the opportunity to see Uncle Tom today and it was all I hoped it would be knowing the kind of man Larry Elder is. I needed something uplifting in these dark times and Larry Elder and these brave men and women that love this country did give me a needed lift.
You have to go direct to watch it. As the Liberal Free Speech Guardians won't host it on the normal venues.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a quick update. My mom was diagnosed with pneumonia. She is being transported to the main branch of the hospital a few miles from where we took her. Her o2 seemed ok sitting or laying but dropped when they walked her. Bc of that they were able to find pneumonia. I think they will be able to put her on oxygen and observe her. I’m hoping that is good news bc they ruled out the ventilator for now. She will be in the COVID wing and they will be treating her there. Unfortunately the hospital is locked down and we can’t see her. Communication by phone only. But she was coherent enough to know she was being transported and she was able to call us a couple of times; talked a little loopy but happy she was able to remember how to dial and work the phone.
Thanks to all for allowing me to post here. I appreciate your concerns and your prayers; I just ask that you continue to do so. Hopefully we will find a silver lining here. For a group I have never met, you folks are the greatest. Thanks again to all and God bless.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score