Upload snapshot to server with fixed name for solar installation

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today I installed my HFW-5231R-Z cam on the roof of the house, to keep an eye on my solar panels. Winter is coming and that means we can expect some heavy storms here in Holland (no hurricanes... yet). The idea is to upload a snapshot every 5 minutes or so to a server.

On the solar monitoring web page (I use www.pvoutput.org) to where my panels send the data, is a link where you can upload & watch photos of your (or somebody else's) installation. It simply points to one or more pictures that you've put on line somewhere.

I thought it would be nice if I could have this link point to a picture that is uploaded automatically by the solarcam... It is replaced/overwritten every 5 minutes by a new picture. Through the Dahua API I'd like to display power/energy, temperature, etc. by using the Text Overlays.

Uploading through FTP seems to work well. Unfortunately, the cam creates a lot of folders-in-folders (cam s/n / date / number? / jpg / hour / minute where the hour & minute folders are continuously added. I can't find an option in the cam to change this name convention.

Does anybody know a way to tell the cam to use just one, fixed name?