Upgrading cameras.Is there a procedure for switching out using the same location and connection?I will reinstall the replaced ones, possibly inside.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone , I am replacing my 5831 R ZE s to IPC-T5442TM-AS 6mm . I have matching mounts . Wondering what I have to do to accomplish this. I would like to use the same location as the older ones and same cable. If I activate the new ones , can I put then them in the 5831s location? (This almost seems too easy ) Do I uninstall the older ones then reinstall/activate in another location? I was thinking of installing the 5821s inside as an elderly inlaw monitor, mostly for daytime use. I did not see this in the Notes and I only quickly searched the forum without exact matching topics.I currently use a Synology Surviellance Station . I would like comments or leads to information for doing this.Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can just swap them out but be aware that IP addresses will need to be changed in Synology I think to whatever the new cameras addresses are. The onld one can then be installed where ever needed and the old IP addresses they have can be used. I don't use Synology, BI system, but assume the same principals will work with Synology.

Reaction score
When I have done this, I like to keep the same IP for the same cam view. So for the cam I am taking out of service, I change the IP to something else. Then when I initialize the new cam, I give it the IP address of the cam I had removed. Then it is just plug and play.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank You for your help. I will give a shot this weekend if possible. Any thoughts on using the 4K 5831 indoors. I plan to us all 4MP 5422 outside. I do have a few of the K42A inside now and they are OK .I`m assuming the 5831 will be alot better?They will be used to monitor an inlaw appt. that has some lighting at night.