Upgraded to 4.8.4.8 and no trigger

Reaction score
Updated to the latest version over the weekend.

Everything had been working perfectly well prior to this.

Since then none of my cameras are triggering on motion sensor! I haven’t changed any settings. I tried rebooting them, also turning on and off the motion settings but nothing.

I can do a manual trigger from either the server or from the iOS app and it works fine, but it just won’t do an automatic trigger!

Any ideas? Or is it just best to uninstall and reinstall and reconfigure?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you using motion zones? Check to make sure they haven't been erased/reset. Some found this with the 4.8.4.7 update.

Reaction score
Are you using motion zones? Check to make sure they haven't been erased/reset. Some found this with the 4.8.4.7 update.
I do use zones. I checked and they are all still there. I might try and reset them and set them up again.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you backup BI configurations, try restoring a previous known good setting. Especially is you use BI Tools or BP2008 updater.

sc6pt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'm on BI 4.8.4.8 and had encountered this issue with one camera. I receive my motion triggered alerts through SMS but BI did not display them in the alerts tab. The time bar at the bottom also showed none of the usual animations. I removed all my zones from every profile on that camera and applied the settings. Then went back in and re-did the zones, and everything went back to normal.

View media item 47

shakuyi

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i may have experienced this issue when I upgraded from 4.8.4.8 to 4.8.5 however a simple downgrade fixed the issue, is having to remake the zones a common thing? the fact that the downgrade worked for me makes me believe its an issue with 4.8.5

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think i may have experienced this issue when I upgraded from 4.8.4.8 to 4.8.5 however a simple downgrade fixed the issue, is having to remake the zones a common thing? the fact that the downgrade worked for me makes me believe its an issue with 4.8.5
no its not a common thing and only happened to a few users who did upgrade as you can see by the thread.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this same issue and I haven't fixed it yet. I'm on 4.85 and lost all my alerts from motion triggers.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok let me rephrase. I have the same symptoms as the others. I have two systems one I upgraded to 4.8.5 and it no longer triggers my alerts anymore. The other house is still on 4.8.4 and it's working. So how should I go about fixing my issue?

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I just ran the update64_4.8.4.8.exe backup that BI Update Helper creates and after downgrading my problem is now solved. It is now triggering again like it should. I did try running the reg backup first and that didn't fix it. I guess my next test will be to upgrade again and see if it brakes it again.

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded to 4.8.5 the other day, and am having issues with alerts on one of my cameras. It's set up with 3 zones, A, B and C. I have it to continues record, and also motion detect. This means that I get an "alert" marker for any motion that occurred in Zone A, B or C. I also had it set up to "Alert" me (via e-mail) if the motion was detected in Zone A and Zone B (this covered someone walking in through the gate or even someone (or thing) coming over a fence). This all worked fine, until the upgrade. Now, even if the motion has occurred in zone A and B I don't get the e-mail. As a test I removed the 3 zones, and just set up 2 zones (one covering the top half and the other the bottom half), and it still doesn't work. What I have noticed though is that against the alert, it used to say Motion AB but now it just says Motion A (or Motion B), so that seems to look like something's changed and its only recognising the zone the motion originated in, and not both.

I have a clone of this camera set up (from when I was first setting things up a while ago and never got round to deleting it), and that was set up with similar zones, but within the object detection I had a specific setting for movement from zone A-B, and so I enabled alerts for that, and that does seem to be working (i.e detecting movement in both zones).

So, I may have some testing to do, but has anyone else seen anything similar, where movement isn't being seen in 2 zones when not using zone crossing.

sc6pt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many profiles do you have setup on BI? I had similar issues, the only way I fixed it, was by deleting all zones in each profile for that camera. I happen to use 3 profiles, so i deleted the zones in all 3. Then applying the changes after I deleted the zones Going back in and re-doing the zones. This fixed my issue.

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had time for a little testing today. Under Object detection I added "Object crosses zones" and set it to A-B, and as soon as I walked between the zones it e-mailed and next to the alert is says Motion AB. I then turned off Object detection altogether and now (most of the time) is there is motion in zone A and zone B I do get the e-mail, and Motion AB next to the alert.

I only have Zones defined in one (the "Active") profile, so I will maybe try deleting the zone(s), and saving, and then re-creating them. Or I may just delete the camera, and re-add it back in. But it does seem that something has changed (in my set up at least), and now if you have "object detection" on, then it only registers motion in both zones if you also have zone crossing enabled.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I did more testing and I upgrade from 4.8.4.8 to 4.8.5 and my alerts stop working on only one house. I down grade back 4.8.4.8 and it instantly starts working. I upgrade again to 4.85 and it stops. No other changes are needed to reproduce this.

So I have the hikvision cameras at this house and I use double motion detection. In the cameras I have motions setup and have it trigger BI to record on any motion. Then in blueiris I have it set to the right sensitivity and areas blocked off to not false trigger and it sends an Http command under the alerts profile. The cameras are recording and running it threw BI shows its triggering, its just not setting off the alerts profile. So it seems like its not connected to alerts anymore but is triggering and recording.

I'm not sure what else to check but something has changed in 4.8.5 on this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I did more testing and I upgrade from 4.8.4.8 to 4.8.5 and my alerts stop working on only one house. I down grade back 4.8.4.8 and it instantly starts working. I upgrade again to 4.85 and it stops. No other changes are needed to reproduce this.

So I have the hikvision cameras at this house and I use double motion detection. In the cameras I have motions setup and have it trigger BI to record on any motion. Then in blueiris I have it set to the right sensitivity and areas blocked off to not false trigger and it sends an Http command under the alerts profile. The cameras are recording and running it threw BI shows its triggering, its just not setting off the alerts profile. So it seems like its not connected to alerts anymore but is triggering and recording.

I'm not sure what else to check but something has changed in 4.8.5 on this.
you need to email support.

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having a similar but different issue.
This seems to be limited to a single camera for me at this point. Just like others I had been working for awhile and then all of a sudden I stopped getting alerts.

I just had a chance to look at it today and I actually see motion detection events in the event bar across the bottom.

The way I have it configured is I have motion detection configured for both zones 1 and 2.
I'm only triggering an SMS alert on zone 2. While both zones are configured I don't seem to get SMS alerts. If I clear zone 1, I begin to get the alerts. If I add the zone back to 1, the alerts stop again.

I've tried clearing both saving. Then recreating both and this doesn't seem to work.
This is all on 4.8.5.0.

I haven't had a chance to try any other zones or even reversing the alerting zones to see if that will work.
But it definitely doesn't like the fact that I have 2 zones configured.