Upgraded firmware on a IPC-T5442T-ZE IP not responding

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently in crisis mode. I just upgraded my second IPC-T5442T-ZE and this one is not acquiring an IP address on my VLAN after the upgrade??? I didn't have this problem with the first upgrade I did on another unit.

I had originally had this on a VLAN using dhcp.

Does upgrading the firmware reset the network stack or something. I tried the default 192.168.1.108 and it's not responding either.

Please help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you buy them all from the same vendor and obtain firmware from said vendor? If not, not all cameras can be updated and perhaps you have one that couldn't be updated.

Weird things happen with updates, which is why most do not do it unless it is known that the update will provide something they need and not break what they had working.

Proper firmware update is to factory reset the camera, upload the firmware, factory reset the camera, and then rebuild settings from scratch and not via importing the settings. Many will do factory reset 3 times before and after.

So I would suggest trying that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK then all should be good.

Try the factory reset method. Open up the slot for the SD card and push and hold the reset button in until you hear the IR filter click.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua cameras, when defaulted, do not use DHCP and have an assigned address of 192.168.1.108. That applies to it no matter what network it's on, VLAN with DHCP means nothing to the camera. That address is baked into the firmware at a factory default.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The network address of the VLAN to which the cameras belong, is 192.168.1.0/24, or a different one ?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so if the camera, has 192.168.1.108 as ip address, but is in the 192.168.20.0/24 network, you won't be able to access it, change, on the fly, the switchport to which the camera is hooked up to the VLAN that has 192.168.1.0/24 address, so you should be able to access the camera.

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua cameras, when defaulted, do not use DHCP and have an assigned address of 192.168.1.108. That applies to it no matter what network it's on, VLAN with DHCP means nothing to the camera. That address is baked into the firmware at a factory default.
yes but it's not responding on 192.168.1.108.

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, so if the camera, has 192.168.1.108 as ip address, but is in the 192.168.20.0/24 network, you won't be able to access it, change, on the fly, the switchport to which the camera is hooked up to the VLAN that has 192.168.1.0/24 address, so you should be able to access the camera.
i removed it from my cisco switch and put it in a dump switch with another laptop and still the 192.168.1.108 does not come up

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should be obvious, but is the dump switch POE as the camera needs power?

And have you tried the factory reset yet. Something probably got wonky in the update and a factory reset should get it back to the x.x.x.108 address.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If hooked up to the cisco switch, you should be able to see details of the connected device, on a specific port (mac, ip, traffic, and so on )

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If hooked up to the cisco switch, you should be able to see details of the connected device, on a specific port (mac, ip, traffic, and so on )
how? just got the cisco switch and i'm not too knowledgeable at this point

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do a physical reset as wittaj mentioned.

The standard, recommended, method of upgrading firmware is to make a record of your setting, and not by saving the config, an actual record.
Then default the camera too factory default. I do that three times just to make sure it totally loads properly.
Install the firmware upgrade.
Default the camera to factory default, again I like to do that three times and just hit one that needed a fourth.
Then reconfigure the camera from your recorded setting, Do not reload a config file.

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It should be obvious, but is the dump switch POE as the camera needs power?

And have you tried the factory reset yet. Something probably got wonky in the update and a factory reset should get it back to the x.x.x.108 address.
yes, POE for sure on the dump switch. The camera is placed really high at this point. I guess I have no choice. Wow, i feel like an idiot.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I sure hope the update was to add something you really needed and not simply OCD be on latest firmware....

Many of us believe in the "Don't fix what ain't broke" mentality. Too many instances like this or worse when someone does a firmware update.

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I sure hope the update was to add something you really needed and not simply OCD be on latest firmware....

Many of us believe in the "Don't fix what ain't broke" mentality. Too many instances like this or worse when someone does a firmware update.
no reason to update. stupidity. ocd. call it what you will. hard lesson.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no reason to update. stupidity. ocd. call it what you will. hard lesson.
We have all made that mistake LOL. Some do it multiple times and never learn LOL.

We get threads like this or worse every week after someone tries an update. Most of the time it is they were updating simply for the sake of updating.

Hopefully the factory reset does it for you!