Upgrade NVR and Dahua IP Cameras

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade my cameras and possibly the NVR as I’m not that impressed by the quality. After multiple attempts and changes they still don’t look great on my OLED.

Can anyone recommend some cameras and an NVR?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade my cameras and possibly the NVR as I’m not that impressed by the quality. After multiple attempts and changes they still don’t look great on my OLED.

Hi @RDB85

We'd certainly need to know more ..

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can anyone possibly give a qualified recommendation if they don't know what you're wanting to 'upgrade' from? :idk:
  • IOW, model of cameras?
  • Make (Dahua?) and model of NVR?
I don’t have any boxes for the cameras they are 4MP Dahua IP Cameras. I have a picture on an old thread of the NVR.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is it that you don't like about the the cameras and NVR?
What size OLED?

That is a very low end NVR, that doesn't have much bandwidth availability to handle cameras.
It can only display one camera at 4mp.
It can only display 4 cameras at a time at 1080p resolution.
If you are trying to do more than that, then the NVR is overloaded.
The 1080p might be why you don't think the cams look good on your OLED.
Show us a picture of what the cams do look like on the OLED.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Your original question is somewhat limited about the issues your experiencing.
Apparently your ungrateful for the display on your OLED display?
Without guessing your setup to view on the display. Elaboration is required for your setup/configurations is required please.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is it that you don't like about the the cameras and NVR?
What size OLED?

That is a very low end NVR, that doesn't have much bandwidth availability to handle cameras.
It can only display one camera at 4mp.
It can only display 4 cameras at a time at 1080p resolution.
If you are trying to do more than that, then the NVR is overloaded.
The 1080p might be why you don't think the cams look good on your OLED.
Show us a picture of what the cams do look like on the OLED.
Right okay that may explain it. It’s a 55” Sony OLED. I’ve another thread that mentioned the setup and shows images. I will be honest I paid £500 for it all. Would you recommend changing the NVR? Or are the cameras low end too?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry I’ve found some information:

Sorry I will just get the model number:

DH - IPC - HDW2431TMP - AS - S2
Adding more info on the kit, based on my search ..

Note: 55" OLED TV I assume is a "4K" TV .. looking at the NVR specs it can decode to display 4x 1080 streams to the TV .. the cameras however are 4MP cameras and the sub streams is 704 × 576 .. so less than 1080p .. displaying 4 of these sub-streams on a "4K" TV would represent a significant pixel resolution mismatch - and thus some process / compute must be done to adjust for this.

If this is problematic you can pay more for higher end cameras and an NVR as you will need a higher end kit ..

IPC-HDW2431TM-AS-S2

1673732993684.png
1673733222118.png

NVR2108HS-8P-4KS2
1673732934469.png

1673733080713.png

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right okay that may explain it. It’s a 55” Sony OLED. I’ve another thread that mentioned the setup and shows images. I will be honest I paid £500 for it all. Would you recommend changing the NVR? Or are the cameras low end too?
Hi @RDB85

Yes, you have an affordable kit, and thus it has less compute power to produce better performance on your OLED TV ..

For some of us our budgets are very tight and we are ok with minimal starter setups ..

Questions are:

What are you looking to accomplish?

What are you looking for from the cameras?

Are you tight on your budget?

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @RDB85

Yes, you have an affordable kit, and thus it has less compute power to produce better performance on your OLED TV ..

For some of us our budgets are very tight and we are ok with minimal starter setups ..

Questions are:

What are you looking to accomplish?

What are you looking for from the cameras?

Are you tight on your budget?
To answer your question:

I’m just after the best quality that will look excellent on my OLED TV. I also have a long garden it’s about 60ft long so I’m looking to see if I can get a camera that can go somewhat the distance. I have a good budget. So I would want to buy the best.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To answer your question:

I’m just after the best quality that will look excellent on my OLED TV. I also have a long garden it’s about 60ft long so I’m looking to see if I can get a camera that can go somewhat the distance. I have a good budget. So I would want to buy the best.
Look for 8MP cameras with 1/1.2" sensors ..

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any U.K. companies that I could get those off? I would prefer to stick with Dahua.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The TV is probably getting a 720 or 1080 signal from the 2108NVR and Upscaling it to 4K...which can be underwhelming in quality is what I think the guys are saying?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
"Whoaaa partner" Are you lookin' to expand this rig? (in a TEXAS drawl}?

Remember POE+ switches will extend distance and could cut down on the number of cables to run.
Look at the bandwidth capabilities (mine is 320Mb w/16 channels). And as @sebastiantombs always reminds us,
"Cameras multiply like rabbits" hence, the extra channels as well as bandwidth of the incoming cameras.

The camera you have will knock your socks off on your TV, if only your NVR would let it!