upgrade LTS firmware previous version

dski165

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an LTS LTN8716K-P16 on firmware version V3.4.96 Build 171127
I want to upgrade it to the latest Version V4.74.200 Build 230918 but I can't directly do that "if current firmware is older than V4.32.110, please call tech support " which is impossible as an end-user

my question is where can I download all previous firmware versions released between them? LTS doesn't give access to them

Thanks in Advance!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The first question many will ask is why are you updating?

Do the release notes specifically call out fixing a problem you have? Rarely does an update provide additional functionality. It is usually to fix a bug that some were experiencing.

If not, you run a risk of either bricking the unit or having a feature you are using being eliminated with a firmware update.

We get posts weekly from someone updating just for the sake of updating and things go south quick.

Many here believe in the if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy as it relates to NVRs and cameras.

dski165

n3wb
Reaction score
White I agree with the it ain't broke don't fix it. The unit has been setting for some time and now trying to bring back up and online it is basically forcing me to update to remove or add cameras to the system among other things
So basically without upgrading its as worthless to me as it being bricked