upgrade dahua i to ei nvr?

chali

n3wb
Reaction score
what is the difference between dahua nvr 5216-16p-i and 5216-16p-ei? I have today the i version but am thinking if it is worth upgrading to ei. i.e. can they handle the same amount of cameras with the same resolution, what is the difference between Ai funktions?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everything is in data sheets on dahua site..
-I line is EOL and is replaced by -EI line..

Main difference: 2x decoding capability (64 MP/s vs 32 MP/s) for displaying/analyzing video and AcuPick function (which works only with newest 5xxx-S3 WizMind-S cams). But also there are some restrictions in -EI: lower AI capability (2-4x lower channel count for local AI processing, missing Video Meta Data local AI processing). Dahua migrated 5xxx line from WizMind to WizSense line (so lower AI line), for WizMind functions You need go to 6xx line..

If You have 5xxx-I and You fit inside NVR limits there is no need to upgrade.. Especially You have fresh firmware for it from 230928 on dahua website..

chali

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything is in data sheets on dahua site..
-I line is EOL and is replaced by -EI line..

Main difference: 2x decoding capability (64 MP/s vs 32 MP/s) for displaying/analyzing video and AcuPick function (which works only with newest 5xxx-S3 WizMind-S cams). But also there are some restrictions in -EI: lower AI capability (2-4x lower channel count for local AI processing, missing Video Meta Data local AI processing). Dahua migrated 5xxx line from WizMind to WizSense line (so lower AI line), for WizMind functions You need go to 6xx line..

If You have 5xxx-I and You fit inside NVR limits there is no need to upgrade.. Especially You have fresh firmware for it from 230928 on dahua website..
ok thank you, i cant locate the firmware 230928? latest i find is from 221230