Updated blue iris

Gencom

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated blue Iris today, and its no longer accepting my license key, seems as though my key is one digit too long, and its not even letting me demo, so I have NO recording going on. Anyone else ever experience this??

Edit..

ok so i was supposed to renew i guess... how do i fix this now??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated blue Iris today, and its no longer accepting my license key, seems as though my key is one digit too long, and its not even letting me demo, so I have NO recording going on. Anyone else ever experience this??

Edit..

ok so i was supposed to renew i guess... how do i fix this now??
You don't have to renew to be able to use the key. You're either using the wrong key or entering incorrectly.

Gencom

n3wb
Reaction score
You don't have to renew to be able to use the key. You're either using the wrong key or entering incorrectly.
sir i assure you that is not correct... I believe there has been a change to the licencing...

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
the new update only takes
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX

If your support is out i didnt notice mine was out in april, Id advise against upgrading as your key is rendered useless.. seems im not the only person

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sir i assure you that is not correct... I believe there has been a change to the licencing...

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
the new update only takes
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX
I assure you there has been no change in the licensing.

Gencom

n3wb
Reaction score
I assure you there has been no change in the licensing.
sure
It is like fenderman said. You are doing something wrong. I installed and activated fresh BI of the current version (4.8.6.3 x64) just a few weeks ago. Key was from many months ago.
How many digits is your key?
Kinda hard to mess up copy and paste.

Rolled back to the previous version and hit the same ctl+v worked on that setup. So let me rule out pasting

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
25 digits. 5 blocks of 5.

Is there any chance you could have accidentally copied a space or something at the very beginning of your copy?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Copy and paste your key into Windows Notepad to ensure that there are no other characters then copy and paste each set of 5 individually from Notepad.