Unfi VLAN with DAHUA camera POE SWITCH VLAN

cannesinfo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'am trying to connect my cameras to be on the same VLAN on a Dahua POE NVR VLAN to my Unifi camera VLAN 10 on IP 192.168.100.1but I'm lost with the Dahua setting !
Any help please, thanks.

Attachments

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
joined 2015, first post.. nice ;)

any vlan configuration on any device is the same..

you have to connect the dahua poe switch to your router or switch... on both ends the ports have to be "tagall". this is your uplink
then you configure the ports for the cameras on the dahua poe switch as untagged.

there is a big but:
any traffic between vlans will go through the router... only if you are using a layer 3 switch routing on switchsite is possible. if you are using the same vlans on both switches the switches should be able to route traffic between them without the router.
for cameras which have low bandwith it should not matter,... when you need high bandwidth you can easily max the power of the router (when using low end hardware) and/or the uplink between the switches which might affect your whole network

cannesinfo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your times and usefull explaination, so I should start by putting my stp cable between both devices in Trunk mode ?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you can but you still have to configure it.

you didnt post model number, but most dahua switches have only 10/100mbit ports and gigabit sfp ports. so best is to connect a gigabit uplink, otherwise you might have trouble with only a few cameras on higher bitrate

you can try trunk mode, really depends on model and what this function mean. some switches use strange wording.