unable to open file: 80000002

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
im having an intermittent problem with opening saved clips on just one of the cams on a 3 camera system.

its 3 1080p usg (chinese generic) cams at 10fps. Running the latest BI. Its the front door camera that isnt working sometimes. I can watch someone walking in the front door and it starts to record but the clip ends up being 00sec and I cant open it. When I look in the folder the clip doesnt exist. It records clips all day and maybe 10% of them end up unopenable like this, and it only happens on the one camera.

thanks in advance for any help.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
its bvr direct to disc on all of them.
I just started getting this after upgrading to Windows 10. When I ran BI for the first time I had to re-check the run as service, did that, exited, re-launched and any new recordings have the "unable to open file: 80000002"
The file save location to my NAS didn't change so I'm puzzled as to why new clips aren't opening.

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just started getting this after upgrading to Windows 10. When I ran BI for the first time I had to re-check the run as service, did that, exited, re-launched and any new recordings have the "unable to open file: 80000002"
The file save location to my NAS didn't change so I'm puzzled as to why new clips aren't opening.
I know this reply is 6 months too late, but I thought I'd post it anyway on the chance it might help someone stumbling on the post with a google search (like I just did)

When running as a service, it's logged in as "Local System". That account may not have access to the folder locations on the NAS. This is a Windows permissions thing, not a BlueIris thing.

My solution in the past was to mount the NAS folder as an ISCSI target.