Unable to log in to one of my Dahua cameras via the Dahua NVR interface

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. Here's the gear I run:

Dahua NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

Cam's - various Dahua models (all ethernet connected)

Cam in question: IPC-B5442T-ASE

I can happily log into my NVR's GUI by typing it's address (192.168.50.2) into a browser. Some browsers, such as Firefox, don't work as well. I have tried Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Safari and Pale Moon to exclude a browser issue.

When I get to the main NVR page and click on "Camera", I get the usual list of all my cam's. I will usually log into each cam individually by double clicking on the blue "internet-looking" icon to the right of the cam's listing. Then I'll get a new login screen, and off I go.

This is fine for all but one of my cam's. I was able to initially set it up in this manner, but now I can't get into it using this method. What I get (with a double-click on the blue icon) is:

It looks like the webpage at might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Any ideas how to fix it? I've tried powercycling the NVR, and tried other inputs on the NVR itself for that particular cam.

Cheers! Mat

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chrome, Edge, and Firefox block that port by default since IIRC, 2020. Use IE11 to access the cams; if Chrome or Edge or FF is your default browser you may have to change your Windows default browser (temporarily) to IE if you're clicking on the "e " in the NVR's interface.

Or "fix" Chrome or FF as here ==>> ERR UNSAFE PORT problem in Chrome and Firefox Fix

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. Here's the gear I run:

Dahua NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

Cam's - various Dahua models (all ethernet connected)

Cam in question: IPC-B5442T-ASE

I can happily log into my NVR's GUI by typing it's address (192.168.50.2) into a browser. Some browsers, such as Firefox, don't work as well. I have tried Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Safari and Pale Moon to exclude a browser issue.

When I get to the main NVR page and click on "Camera", I get the usual list of all my cam's. I will usually log into each cam individually by double clicking on the blue "internet-looking" icon to the right of the cam's listing. Then I'll get a new login screen, and off I go.

This is fine for all but one of my cam's. I was able to initially set it up in this manner, but now I can't get into it using this method. What I get (with a double-click on the blue icon) is:

It looks like the webpage at might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Any ideas how to fix it? I've tried powercycling the NVR, and tried other inputs on the NVR itself for that particular cam.

Cheers! Mat
Try add and run the web configuration page that you’re working on as a “trusted sites” zone; info on how to achieve this is here:>> How to add a website as a trusted site << Note well that if you’re accessing just http rather than https you’ll need to un-tick the “require server verification” check box; also, adjust the security level to low for the trusted sites zone; this should, or will allow out dated publisher plugins to run in your browser session

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Try add and run the web configuration page that you’re working on as a “trusted sites” zone; info on how to achieve this is here:>> How to add a website as a trusted site << Note well that if you’re accessing just http rather than https you’ll need to un-tick the “require server verification” check box; also, adjust the security level to low for the trusted sites zone; this should, or will allow out dated publisher plugins to run in your browser session
also, you need to use internet explorer; info on how to force internet explorer compatibility mode if needed here: How to use Internet Explorer mode in the Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 11 | My Computer My Way Good luck