Unable to log in to Amcrest Forum to "browse"

Reaction score
Tried to "chat" with Amcrest but they repeatedly closed the chat window on me

Tried firefox, edge, chrome, active-x enabled and with nothing blocked

I can easily log in but am asked to change my password before I can browse the forum. My new password is not acceptable even if I let the forum make one up for me.
A web page error always shows up quote:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/language/language.php on line 313: vsprintf(): Too few arguments

If I ask to reset my password, the link emailed me goes to a page that asks for my old password!!!! How can I reset my password if I have to supply my old one?

I have been using BlueIris and IE11 on my eight Amcrest cameras but I just read that IE11 is to be discontinued and I was concerned if I upgrade to Windows 11.
Amcrests Chrome app "Amcrest Web iew" no longer works on chrome but IE11 still works and I wanted info about the Web View and IE11

There is still activity at their forum, not sure why I cannot get access to browse post. I can browse any of the forum as long as I LOG OUT!! If logged in cannot even browse!

Last edited:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
See if you can find somebody to help you contact the Amcrest forum administrator by going to

The Microsoft replacement for IE is Edge using Internet Explorer mode.

Reaction score
What is strange is that I am automatically logged in by Edge (or firefox, etc) but I am asked to change my password which I am unable to do.

It is not possible to browse the forum unless I first log out. I did that, read a few things at General Discussion, made a note of the admin "Revo2Maxx" then logged back in and PM'ed the admin. I have not received a response but the PM left the outbox and is in the sent box.

I wanted info about their web view extension and if it was going to continue to work with IE11 when connecting to the camera IP. If I have a problem with a camera I have to force my iPhone to switch to 2.4ghz to fix the problem. That involves disabling the 5ghz Wi-Fi as the iPhone has no option to select 2.4. I have all static ip addresses and battery backup but I was going to make a recommendation to a friend to get an Amcrest and I remembered the problem I had setting them up the first time. Chrome had the Amcrest web app extension but support on that was dropped in 2020. For some reason IE11 works and I read that Microsoft was going to drop IE11 shortly. I thought their forum was the best place to bring up this problem