Unable to download recording, does it require the browser plugin?

hikcamuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to download a recording from the SDCard on the camera (DS-2CD2032F-IS). I can see the recording on the web interface. I select the recording and click on "Download" button, but absolutely nothing happens after that... I am trying this from firefox and also have tried from chrome on linux.

I do see that there's some text (green color font) below the "Download" button that says "No plug-in detected.", is the plugin required in order to download the video file?

Thanks!

T-Dawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I suspect it requires the wonderful Hikvision browser plugin...

I'd recommend running a minimal Windows VM under Virtualbox if you can, or potentially running iVMS under Wine but who knows if that'll work, I wouldn't be surprised if it's problematic...

Edit: Actually, someone else has had the same idea with Wine it seems, and it appears to work: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22792

It's a slightly out of date entry but there's only a few minor revisions of iVMS since that version so I would imagine it still works just fine...

hikcamuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have started using IE from a virtualbox winXP VM and that works indeed.

T-Dawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have started using IE from a virtualbox winXP VM and that works indeed.
Yeah I do a similar thing with my Foscams for recording because they get higher FPS through their ActiveX plugin and I don't really want to mess around with that on my main desktop

I would recommend giving iVMS a go under Wine though if you get a chance - much lighter weight solution than running a full Windows VM just for this, I think you'd be pretty happy with iVMS, I prefer it to the browser for my Hiks