Unable to Connect, Reason: IP Banned!

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Morning, I went to remote view my cameras from my phone like I always do and it says my IP is banned. I know I didn't ban my own IP, and it couldn't have been from failed attempts at logging in or anything. I don't see anywhere where there is a ban list or anything like that. What's the story with this?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Look in settings, web server, advanced - you'll find the ban settings thereScreenshot 2023-04-05 at 7.42.22 AM.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In case of no joy from the above, more reading ==>> mobile app - IP banned

From BI's "Help":

If an address is denied access on this list it is considered permanently banned. There is actually a second temporary “denied” list maintained by the software that is not visible here.
If you choose to auto-ban an address after a specific number of failed login attempts, that address will be added to one of these lists. If you select the option to release the ban after a number of minutes, the banned IP address is added to the internal temporary list instead of the one visible and editable here.
Temporarily banned IP addresses may be identified with red text on the Connections page in
Status.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you accessing it when away - thru VPN or port forward or stunnel?

Maybe someone was trying to hack in?