UI3 recorded videos that are older than one day are not correct.

Reaction score
So pretty much any video's in UI3 that are 1 day or older play the same clip, The preview is correct. Anything for the current day is correct.
If I'm on the main console all of the videos are correct and they are correct on the mobile app.
I've tried UI3 on different PC's and browsers.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
define not correct in UI3. How is it not correct

I am running version 5.3.9.8. The times match on the video to the times on the event, from 1,2,3 days ago. Not I am login to UI2 as a BI Admin

Reaction score
I can bring up video from 3/1/21 in UI3 and they are the correct videos. I can select from the 'Alerts' and the 'All clips' section.

1614812908149.png

I am on BI version 5.3.8.17 which is the latest stable version. The UI3 version is 139.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Without seeing the issue occur, my best guess is your clip database got corrupted during one or more Blue Iris crashes. You should be able to fix it in the BI local console by right clicking in the clip list and choosing Database > Repair/Regenerate. Beware it takes potentially hours to complete (worse the more clips you have) and during that time Blue Iris won't record anything.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you say the preview is correct, do you mean the static thumbnail or do you mean the animated thumbnail that pops up when you mouse over? The animated thumbnail is basically just a high speed jpeg playback of the clip and SHOULD match what you get when you click the clip.

Reaction score
So i just figured out that if I click on the video once it's the wrong video but if i click on it again it shows the correct video.

It's hard to explain... bp2008 that is correct the animated preview is always correct.

I'm on UI3 version 142, Blue Iris version: 5.3.9.13

Every video in the BI admin console is correct.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure it is opening the wrong clip, or is it just not seeking to the right spot? Blue Iris currently has a bug where it often (randomly) seeks to the beginning instead of the requested position. This is usually seen when you open an alert that does not start at the beginning of a clip, or when you seek.

It does seem to only affect clips that have sub streams?

Reaction score
The latest stable version is 5.3.8.17 so you might try rolling back to that version.

If it is what @bp2008 stated about not starting at the correct place, I have had that issue before. Going to the stable version fixed that for the most part.

Reaction score
Okay so it's playing the first clip every time and 3 cameras that do not have sub streams are working fine I just confirmed that . If it's a known bug I'm okay with that and I have a work around, just click twice when I review alerts.

Thanks everyone!