Ubiquity Discovery Tool

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,
Had a need today for find ip address of two M5 Locos, I know its been 3 years since I did anything with locos and when I did I remember using a chrome extension. I had a nice service laptop back then that had everything on it and it has expired. From what I'm reading the stand alone java version does not work anymore ( I tried) and the Chrome version is discontinued. I do not know the IP Addresses of either of them. Thanks for the help in advance. Hopefull I remember the passwords.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have them in hand, you can reset them with a paper clip back to the 192.168.1.20 default IP
by adding power to them while holding the switch pressed and release after about 20- 30 seconds.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have them in hand, you can reset them with a paper clip back to the 192.168.1.20 default IP
by adding power to them while holding the switch pressed and release after about 20- 30 seconds.
Thanks, really trying to avoid that if I can. I'm having drops on one end, when this is happening, I cannot ping cams on the other side of the bridge and being able to log into the gui or ping the radio would be VERY helpful trying to figure it out.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny, I had just downloaded and installed it tonight. It's nice to be able to access the UBNT devices without having to remember the specific IP addresses. I have 2 NIC's on the laptop which is why it shows 192xx and 10.xx in the example.

Update: The wifiman app for the Iphone works well also.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like that is what I might be looking for. Many thanks, Will be back at the site later this week

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Funny, I had just downloaded and installed it tonight. It's nice to be able to access the UBNT devices without having to remember the specific IP addresses. I have 2 NIC's on the laptop which is why it shows 192xx and 10.xx in the example.

Update: The wifiman app for the Iphone works well also.
I was getting ready to put on my Moto G Android phone but after reading the reviews AFTER an update to a previously well-liked app, maybe not. I'm sure I will though as I don't trust many reviews, pro or con, but at least my hopes won't be too high.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You may try Wifiman Desktop .
They have a Windoze version that I use.

Here is an example
View attachment 180359
I went back today to the site, was able to find the two nano stations subnets After a re-boot . The one near me was the having a issue with dropping, I could see it but could not ping it. I had a spare brand new power ubiquity power injector for it. I guess time will tell with this issue. What is nice about this is it gives you the Uptime of the unit. The up time on the M5 on the other end of the bridge was over 2 years,